Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spartacus is 29 Weeks Today (day 32)

I think I'll order a piece of chocolate cake tonight to celebrate Spartacus making it to this next big milestone. Now onto thirty and then..... (yikes, I can't think of that many more days in here).
Byron came up last night and ended up sleeping here-- if you could call it that. My hospital bed is smaller than a twin and after that got too uncomfortable, he moved to the window seat/bed. He said it was made for 18 year olds-- not men! So neither of us slept well. But it was still a treat to have him just spend time relaxing up here. My mom and the girls all crashed quite early. Holland and Greer were plum tuckered out from the water park and then there is Reese. My mom (exhausted after driving ten hours the day before to get here) put her down for a nap yesterday. The only problem is, my mom collapsed into a nap before Reese was asleep. So guess who never took a nap? Guess who destroyed her sisters' room instead of taking a nap? Guess who poured hand sanitizer all over her sister's belongings? Guess who opened up every band-aid in the first aid kit? Guess who scattered every "Polly Pocket" clothing item from here to eternity? Guess who summarily picked apart my check book instead of taking a nap? Guess who learned not to go to sleep until "Destructo" has passed out? Ah, my poor mom is getting shocked into reality.
She just brought the girls up for a visit. Wow, they are loud. I must be getting de-sensitized. Or maybe just sensitized. Anyway, today is another milestone day. I'm awaiting my fourth certificate of congratulations from the nurses on this floor-- stating we made it to 29 weeks. Way to go Spartacus!

9 comments:

Christine said...

That's just too funny about Reese! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. We affectionately refer to our "Master of Destruction" as MR. D. Ohhhhhh, the messes he can create in a matter of seconds!!!

Congratulations Spartacus! Lonnie, you a trooper!

Sherri said...

Oh Reese ... when Brett wants to take a nap with the boys, he sleeps on the floor in front of the door in their bedroom (so they can't escape) and makes them all play (not too much they can destroy in their bedroom) while he naps. I don't see how you can take a nap that way ... so I just choose not to nap. That's great about 29 weeks! Way to go!

Sherri said...

That was actually a Stacy comment ... I'm logged on as my sis! :)

Nick said...

Oh my goodness! I thought Carter was bad. You definitely have your hands full with her. Glad to hear it's still going well. We ended up at the water park yesterday too with our reading certificates.

Shellee said...

Oh, the life of a child. What I wouldn't give to be able to shred my checkbook... may I borrow her?

I remember the last time I came out of the hospital, I didn't want any noise in the house. I could handle little things, but I had forgotten how loud kids are and I was in for only a few days!

Rebekah said...

I feel for your Mom. During my first trimester I regularly passed out before Eve was asleep and woke up to her trying to put socks on my feet only to find the room strewn with clothing, diapers and one time an entire container of wipes in which she had squeezed the water out of every single one. It really is amazing what they can accomplish in so short a time.

Congratulations on week 29; that's great! Hang in there.

Carlie Pennington said...

Congrats on making it to 29 weeks! Lindsay came down stairs laughing hysterically to tell us about Reese's latest adventures. I'm sure you get little satisfaction in making the rest of us laugh, but we surely get a kick out of it! :)

Love,
The Penningtons

Blakeley said...

Oh, boy! Is your mom still loving being a grandma? I guess your little cutie is just trying to break her in quickly. I'm so happy that you've made it this far! Congratulations!

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

LOL! Nothing like breaking in Grandma right from the get go! So happy that you've come this far! That's fantastic!