Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, June 22, 2009

My Version of "Survivor" (Day 24)

Reports of my insanity are greatly over-exaggerated. I've had several of you ask if I am still sane. I am. As I've mentioned before, the staff here does an awful lot to keep one from going stir crazy. I went to craft day today and painted another bib (a giraffe saying munch, munch). I'm now officially tapped out of creativity. I was the only patient to have clearance for craft day-- so one of the nurse assistants hung out with me. I also have to send out a big thank you to Jean Richardson, who today brought me my third bouquet of fresh flowers from her garden. I'm known by the staff as having the best smelling room on the floor. It's mostly thanks to Jean's weekly visits.
Dr. Lovelace's visit this morning -- not much to report about Spartacus. He's still plugging away. The doc and I did have about a 30 minute conversation about AIG and my favorite NPR program: This American Life. I swear I have the coolest doctor in America.
Oh, and lest I forget-- Holland and Greer made it home last night. They tell me they had fun, fun, fun. I still can't wait to see pictures. And the girls are all headed up here tonight with their collection of treasures from the trip.
Now, see if you can follow this: Byron's mother's cousin's daughter (who graduated with her masters's in accounting and has a job that doesn't start until Sept.), flew in this morning to spend the week taking care of the kids in our home. Meagan is DARLING and my girls are going to love this week. So, once again, all is being taken care of for us.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Do you remember when 2 weeks was your goal? Look! You're at day 24! You're doing awesome!!

Sherri said...

How nice to have a friend bring you fresh flowers. If I was near you I'd bring you some lovely Lantana's and Bouganvilla (the only flowers we can grow in the desert). ;)

Have you thought of re-reading the Twilight series? :) That book is quickly being passes around your group of friends back in Az.

Glad your surviving! You rock!! :)

Blakeley said...

Meagan sounds awesome! How nice will that be for the girls to be able to be home for a while--or maybe they'll miss their mansion house boat and gihugeous slip 'n slide! Hope they didn't get too spoiled! Sounds like you have such a wonderful family who adores you--as do we all! By the way, I'm so sorry I haven't been back to visit you yet. It's not that I haven't thought of you--I don't remember a summer being quite this busy, but I need to carve out a little time because I'd love to visit with you again. Despite my neglect, please know that I love you, Lonni! Take care.

Love, Kim