Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Baby's Looking A Little Better (Day 29)

I'm currently hooked up to monitors as I write this. So hopefully, all will continue looking fine. He's moving around quite a bit and looks like the old Spartacus. So the emotional drama of yesterday and the night before is hopefully just a fluke. Wouldn't that be nice.
The only thing Dr. Lovelace said this morning that is worth mentioning-- is that I had another contraction last night on monitoring and the baby went into a "recovery" period after it. The contraction was pretty small in that I barely felt it-- but Dr. Lovelace says the "recovery" shows the baby likely will not tolerate labor. So looks like the on again/off again C- Section may be back on again. Of course things inside these walls seem to change daily. I've decided to take a whatever it takes attitude.
I have to mention a thanks to Kate, Kim, Doug and Dana for coming in yesterday to cheer me up. Their visits made a huge difference to an overly emotional me. I'm fine again today-- but geez, yesterday I was edgy. Tim and Jennifer Snooks picked up Byron last night for "Date Night" up here. We had Mexican food (my fav.) and watched the movie Runaway Jury. It was such a nice evening. Reese was a little ticked she had to stay home, so Meagan took the kids to Dairy Queen and rented a movie. What a smart, smart girl!
Finally, I feel like I need to make a clarification. A few of you have "worried" that Spartacus is the real name we've chosen for the baby. We have not yet picked a name for him. Spartacus just fits him right now... since he's fighting so hard. Plus, it sounds better than Gummy Bear. That's what the girls have called him from the time we found out we were pregnant. Of course, the girls would be thrilled if we named him Gummy Bear Barker (Bear for short). But I tend to think that's a wee bit much.

7 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I'm glad things are going better today. It sounds like Spartacus may stay put. I will have to find a way to monitor your blog from Utah and Colorado. We are leaving today...driving the entire way to Utah with the kids, then driving to Colorado to visit my mom and sister next weekend. I might be willing to trade places with you at this point!!!

The Good Life on Less! said...

Ok, I think I'm going to call him "Bear." The girls are onto something ... Bear Barker! :) Love it! :) Glad little "Bear" looks better today. It sounds like your doc is on top of things ... the way he's monitoring your contractions and the baby's reaction to it. I know you don't want one (who would?) but the c-section does feel a little more comfortable to me ... not to stress the poor guy out any more than they have to and all ... I'm glad you're feeling better today. We love you and are still praying for you guys every day! Love, Stac

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Lonni, We will be praying for you and little Spartacus! (so cute!) I am happy you are in capable hands and care! I wish we lived closer so I could hang out with your sweet girls! Miss you guys. I am telling Pat to call Byron now.

Blakeley said...

Phew! Thanks so much for updating so soon today. I've been worried about you guys all last night and this morning. I'm so happy to hear that he's looking a little better. C-sections aren't super fun, but they aren't that bad, either. You're right about the "whatever it takes" attitude. I'm glad you were able to have Mexican food last night--sounds good! Maybe the spicy food helped your little guy perk up! Just kidding. I'm happy to report to you that I had two very, very happy girls (and actually, one pretty happy hubby) return home safely last night from the Jonas Brothers concert. Eric said he'd never heard or seen so many screaming girls in one place, but he said it was actually a pretty good concert--not sure if he wants anyone else knowing that. He said there weren't very many men there--mostly just moms and daughters. The girls came home grinning from ear to ear, wearing $35 t-shirts. My jaw about hit the floor at how expensive they were, but Eric felt like they probably won't have this experience often so he totally splurged (even bought Emmery one since she wanted to go but we didn't let her--she was pleased as punch)! Take care, and thanks again for a fun visit.

Third Ward RS said...

I hadn't logged on for a couple of days and if I hadn't read the title of today's posting before reading the previous two .... Well I'm glad things are looking a bit better. I'm sure you were edgy that whole day. Keep it up and like the others, we're praying for you and your family every day. Loves

Marti said...

Was I really the only person who thought "Spartacus" was a GOOD idea?

As for Gummy Bear, well, you do already have Reeses Pieces, right?

On a serious note, I think of you so often, Lonni, and hope you are doing well. I've been alittle tied up with MJ's demise, but I am still thinking and so hopeful for your family.

Sherri said...

Glad you have friends and family there to take your mind off of the stresses of all of this. Runaway Jury is one of my favorites!

Really like Gummy Bear and Spartacus! They are both perfect for now! ;)

Never given child birth but after seeing Nate's and CC's birth I'd take a C-Section any day. Nate's scarred me!