Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Time Flies When You are Bored (Day 15)

It looks really gloomy outside- maybe that's why I feel so lazy today. It couldn't possibly be because I've been confined to a bed not moving for 15 days! The only thing worth mentioning from Dr. Lovelace's visit this morning is that he will likely have me re-experience those lovely steroid shots to my my rear end in a few weeks. These are the steroids that look like milky soup with strands of silk floating in them. Can we say burn? Anyway, I had them at 24 weeks to speed up Spartacus' lung development. Studies show the best time for those shots is at 28 weeks... and since I've shocked everyone by making it this far... looks like I get rewarded by going through the two-cheek series again. I may complain to y'all a bit... but really I'll do what it takes for this little guy.
My brother and his twelve year old twins came up last night. The girls had just gotten home from camp and I think they had a whopping 8 hours of sleep in 4 days. They looked like little zombies. They were so excited to tell me every detail. Now I'm just wating for my wild bunch to come this afternoon. Have a good day today everyone and I'm cheering for Elly and Stacy in the Ironman today from my bed! You women are animals!

2 comments:

CJ said...

When I read your comment about doing whatever it takes for Spartacus I had the thought, "As mothers, a whole other energy takes over us when there are obstacles in getting the little ones here." You are an amazing lady, even if you are "old" (wink, wink, since when are the 40's old?)When all is said and done, whatever sacrifice is made, it's all worth it.

Love,

Charmen

Nick said...

I had to have those nasty shots with my oldest when I went into pre-mature labor. I was on bedrest for a month with him, though not in the hospital since my water never broke. He made it to 36 and a half weeks. I have faith in you and try to keep cheery. I know it can be super boring.