Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Super Sunday (Day 16)

I thought Super Sunday sounded pretty darn good since I've made it this far. It's my third Sunday in here-- crazy! I'm watching some old John Wayne Western and waiting for my little family to show up and shatter the peace here.
My doctor's partner came in and checked on me this morning-- so I thought I was in the clear to get in my daily shower. Okay, so it wasn't as bad as the other day-- but after breakfast, monitoring etc. I had just gotten out, dressed and was brushing my teeth when Dr. Lovelace showed up to check on me. Phew, close call. I'm still trying to recover from the humiliation of being interviewed while I sat in the shower a few days ago.
All is looking pretty good. Spartacus-- during monitoring this morning-- had another one of those plunging heart rates (where my heart rate plunges right along with his-- I'm sure). Anyway, I was warned this is likely caused by him sitting or getting tangled on his cord. Have I told you what a little moving machine he is? Anyway, I fliiped to my side-- no change. Flipped to my other side-- no change. About then the nurse came rushing in and Spartacus of course decided the taunting time was over and went right back to normal. My nurse says it's to be expected with no flluid. He's at a higher risk for a "cord accident". I just wonder how often it happens when I'm not hooked up to monitors. Guess I could drive myself crazy worrying about that-- so I won't. I have faith he'll be just fine.
My Bishop and his family stopped by last night (along with another couple). Bishop Firmage visited Israel over Spring Break. So I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening hearing all about his amazing trip. Byron and the girls never made it here. The big Ironman competition had roads closed and (unmarked) detours all over the place. Byron called me after spending nearly a frustrating hour trying to get here and ending up who knows where. He decided since it was getting late, just to take the girls home. So I'm especially anxious to see the family today. Holland and Greer leave for Lake Powell tomorrow-- so I've got to get in some good Mommy time. Happy Sunday everyone.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Great blog Lonni! I especially liked the bios on everyone. My fluids were low (5 was the lowest I got to) during this last pregnancy of mine and I had to be on bed rest for 2 days which, at the time, I thought was hard. I can't imagine being on bed rest at the hospital for weeks and weeks! I wish I could come visit you. Good luck and drop me a line anytime; I get a lot of computer time with all this nursing/burping I'm doing these days.

Diane said...

Hi Lonni! I have been reading & following along with your entire journey. I am so impressed with how positive & easy-going you are! Congratulations on day 16!!! I am 17 1/2 weeks along & can't imagine being on bedrest for so long. You definately earned that certificate. Hang in there. There's lot of silent watchers rooting for you & little spartacus!

karen said...

Lonni!! I just checked your blog for the first time in a couple of weeks and was shocked to hear your harrowing travails of bedrest and baby drama. OH how I wish I could just stop by and we could reminisce for hours and catch up.

Hang in there my friend and know I'm praying for you and thinking about you and will be checking your blog daily for updates...

Elizabeth said...

You are on my mind everyday! I'm so proud of you! You are very strong and so is spartacus!Love you!Elizabeth C.

Mom said...

Since I have 3 friends in Antepartum, I think I might head down tonight and visit you!

aubri said...

I just heard about you. I'm so sorry! We'll keep you in our prayers.
Love ya and we'll keep in touch.