Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Bit of a Roller Coaster (Day 27)

Too much information alert-- coming up. I had a huge-- change the sheets, nightgown etc. gush last night. I keep telling myself that's a good thing, my body is at least still making amniotic fluid. It just would be nice if it would stay inside me for a while. Spartacus also had another one of those lovely decelerations. His heart beat dipped into the 80's (instead of around 135 to 140). Just in case you are wondering, my heart beat did the sympathy plumet as well. I flipped over onto my left side and it must of got him off his cord. The whole incident lasted about a minute... but for pete's sake, that was one looonnnng minute. It's a wonder I was able to go to sleep last night. Thank heavens for Ambien. When I'm out of here, I'm offering myself up to that drug company to do free commercials.
During monitoring today, I had my first ever contraction. I barely felt it... so let's hope its nothing and not the start of something else to worry about. Other than that-- I'm still on track to be in here for another several weeks. I'm not sure honestly, whether to celebrate or cry.
Byron and a couple of friends stopped by this morning. And I just finished my weekly massage... ahhhhh.
Meagan took the girls to the zoo yesterday. They had a wonderful time but it was the hottest day of the year so far-- in the 90's. I know that would be heaven to those of you who live in Vegas and Phoenix... but they were all quite tuckered out. Well, not really. Meagan was spent but the girls-- Reese especially had plenty of energy. They came by after their adventure, then went home to rest with a swim later at Grandpa Bodily's (the best next door neighbor on the planet).

4 comments:

Blakeley said...

Yikes! Sorry about the scare--hopefully things won't progress in that direction anymore. I'm glad you were able to have your massage today--maybe that will help you and Spartacus relax a bit more tonight so you don't have another night of "excitement". Love you!

Mom said...

I've been thinking of you allll day. And realize I need to get my butt over there. I think I'll come tomorrow since it's my day in the office and work is slow. Can I bring you anything? Facebook me if there's anything you want.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Saw your SIL at Flynn's today...hopefully no more contractions!! I guess at 28 weeks, tho, you've passed a huge hump already! Yay!

Cyndi said...

Hey Lonni,
Your "cousin" Cyndi here. I enjoyed reading a bit of your blog, Lance sent it to me. I'm at 33 weeks and I will no longer complain that my hip hurts when I sleep on my left side and my hand goes numb when I sleep on my right side. BIG DEAL!! You are such a trooper!!! We pray for you and your family daily. I guess now the race is on to see which of us has the next great-grandchild for Grandma Walker. I hope I win, for your sake! Hang in there and email any time. I can't visit you personally, but I can probably amuse or divert you with some stories here and there.

Oh yeah, we put your names in the Temple too.

Love you,
Cyndi Peterson