Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day (Day 23)

Today seems to be a quiet one. Spartacus is looking steady-- and that's what we want. Dr. Lovelace told me this morning that now that he is in the head down position (and out of the transverse position), he is in a much safer and less worrisome spot-- with no fluid and all.

My highlight today... a couple of young men from my ward (Mason and Landon) came and let me take the Sacrament in my hospital room. For those of you who aren't LDS-- the Sacrament is where we take a piece of bread and water and re-commit to the covenants we made at baptism and to follow the teachings of Christ. Since this is my fourth Sunday in here, it was nice to have that opportunity. They also brought me one of Shelley Straight's world famous cinnamon rolls. Shelley makes them to pass out to all of the fathers for Father's Day at church. I scored-- in the sympathy department probably. I just opened it up to take a couple of bites... and ended up powering through the entire gooey, monster treat.

Reese and Byron came up last night after getting home from camping. Reese was like a little tornado. Byron, on the other hand, literally passed out on the window seat/bed and slept for 95 percent of the visit. It was all good, except for the fact that Reese had to go to the bathroom-- no joke-- six times while she was here. I'm not sure how good it was for me to keep getting up to help her with the lights etc. I just didn't have the heart to wake up the snoring bear on the other side of the room.

Holland and Greer come home sometime today. We're excited... but Byron is bracing himself for two very tired, spent and exhausted little girls. He told me as he left-- to quote enjoy my time being waited on hand and foot-- because I'll be shocked into reality when I finally get home. Not sure how to take that one--- can someone explain to him that I'm really not on vacation at the Ritz.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Go to my blog.

Shellee said...

Glad things are still going well. It's nice to think that you are carrying a "future father". You are awesome and I'm sure all will go as the Lord intends, and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Kerri said...

It's so great to see you still hanging in there!! Loves from Texas.