Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Roller Coaster Continues

Yipee... I made it to day six here in the hospital. Who would've thought that with all the depressing news we were given on Saturday. Yesterday was a bit crazy. The monitoring showed the baby's heart rate going down for 4 minutes and then 2 minutes. So they tested me for another hour and it only happened once. A third hour of testing and he was back to his normal. The doctor figures we'll either see more of this as the placenta deteriorates or he was just pressing against the umbilical cord.
Last night I had my best sleep in months. Of course, drugs get all the credit. They gave me an ambien (wow, I'll be happy to do commercials for this miracle drug) at bedtime but then my IV blew out. By the time the nurse got another one in me, I was wide, wide awake. So they gave me another ambien. I slept amazingly well-- even with the nurse coming in every three hours to check vitals and give me antibiotics.
This morning, I had another gush (sorry for the more than you want to know info) and the doctor says my bag of waters is officially broken. Scary setback-- but the baby's heartbeat is still plugging along and we will continue with the plan of keeping me flat on my back and still. Dr. Lovelace thinks I could be fine like this for a while -- even a week or two-- if my body doesn't go into full contractions, I get an infection or the baby goes into stress. So all in all, other than the emotional rollercoaster... we are still plugging along.
My nurse scheduled me for a massage today. Yesterday, I had a relaxation therapist spend a half hour with me and on Mondays here, they have someone come in and do crafts!!! Can you believe that? I guess in this ward it's all about keeping the "down for the count" women SANE.
My room is filled with beautiful flowers. I have a DVD/VCR, internet and a refrigerator. I even have a view of trees and vines from what I can see out my window. I'm calling it my "Idaho Staycation". Byron even brought in chocolate last night to celebrate making it to 25 weeks. Of course, the fun was ruined when we had to spend the evening going over all of the bills that I usually handle. Poor guy--- he may neeed prayers more than me to keep everything juggled.
Thank you again and again to everyone for all of your prayers, love, visits, books, clean underwear, real food, flowers and support. I feel so loved. And thank you to all of you who are loving my little girls so I can stay here!!!

1 comments:

Mom said...

What a precious entry. Thanks for the recap. I'm at work today and can easily leave and come down to pay you a visit. If you get bored, call my cell 371-2044. Keep the sense of humor!