Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday's Update from Bed Rest Central

Can someone print a certificate for my wall stating I made it through a week here???? Just kidding. But whew! Today I am in great spirits. No rollercoaster of emotions here. Sally brought the girls by last night-- and being the genius that she is... she kept them all corralled in the "family" playroom (that exists somewhere outside my door-- I'm told). Then she sent each girl in one at a time for snuggling in my bed and talking. It was soo great. I honestly believe they may survived this without permanent scarring and a need for years of therapy! (Insert chuckle here, please). Anyway, it must pay to suck it up and not complain here. Last night, the nurses moved me out of my perfectly fine room to the hospital's version of the bridal suite at the Ritz. Lets see, the room is HUGE, I have my own microwave, a much bigger fridge (since I'm on a general diet that's way cool), tv, DVD/VCR, TWO windows, a bed/bench for Byron and a desk for anyone that wants to use it. It's great.
I did get my massage yesterday. Wow. One of the nurses here spends two hours of her shift each Thursday giving 20 minute massages. I was jello afterwards...mmmmm it was great. Now I absolutely have to make it to at least next Thursday for Massage day. Ha.
Several friends stopped by, plus my brother-- so the day went fast and it was a good day.
On a medical front... had a little gush at 3 am. But that's actually a good sign. Since my water is officially broken, that just means my body made some more. So phew. The other highlight (I know, it doesn't take much these days)... is that I'm no longer on antibiotic IV's. Great, great news in that I've already blown out two IV's and my arms are very sore. Did I mention I'm kind of wimpy? Anyway, you'd think that since my water is broken they'd be keeping me on antibiotics. But as it's been explained to me, the antibiotics would mask any infection until it was most likely too late to save the baby. So I'm off the yucky stuff and they just take my temp every two hours, check vitals and I'm to watch for soreness etc. Cool, eh? All the regular baby monitoring shows I'm doing okay-- Baby Boy Barker is steady and so far no contractions on my part. So yes, things are good today.
Finally, anyone know any cool boy names that mean "torturer of nurses"? This little kid loves to kick and move whenever he's being monitored. One nurse spent-- no joke-- 45 minutes chasing him to get him on the heart monitor. It was classic. That's great- he needs to be a little pill to survive what's ahead.
Thank you again for all of your love and support.

6 comments:

Sherri said...

I'm thinking you should choose from the church names. I'll add a few more: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, Peter, Jude. OH... I really like that one! :) I know, I know I really need to get a life. I fly out tonight!

AprilBod said...

Ethan - strong, firm
Garrett - brave
Garrick - oak spear (I like this name)
Kade - wetlands
Keane - handsome, bold, sharp
Keegan - little, fiery

Keep your spirits up! Praying for you!

-April

The Good Life on Less! said...

Another baby name thought ... Ely (I know, like mine, but spelled differently). Means "famous fighter" in German and "Jehovah is God" in Hebrew. Seems the perfect meaning. :) Our prayers are with you ... the kids are now praying for "Lonni's Baby."

Love ya!

ps-Could always go with Parker Barker! Yikes! ;) "Keeper of the forest."

Stac

Diane said...

You're hospital sounds awesome. We are all rooting for you here in Las Vegas.

We are enjoying a Vegas vacation and going home tomorrow. The weather has been stormy so we left the pool and are pretending to be tourists. I haven't walked on the strip in years. Leo loved the Bellagio fountains.

I had to explain to him what the girly cards were. I had to be creative on that one.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

One day at a time....so happy your still plugging along. ;)

Britany said...

I believe that name you defined is BARKER, Lonni :)