Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, June 7, 2009

This Is My Second Sunday Here...

Good Sunday morning everyone. Blue skies are outside my window and it looks lovely again. I don't have much to report this morning--- which is the best of news. Made it through another night. Had some bleeding but that's to be expected. Sorry to all of you who don't want to know these gory details. Just be happy I'm not getting into the details of my body feeling like it's turning to jello after only 9 days of laying still in the hospital, okay? That may come later, though.
Byron brought the girls up last night right AFTER he fed them dinner. You'd think they were from Ethiopia with they way they scavenged any little tidbit in my room. And believe me, there's plenty of tidbits. April and Chris sent a bouquet of chocolate dipped strawberries, pineapple and grapes. Mary K, Jeanie, Joannah and Susan have stocked my refrigerator, Elly has brought me countless lunches and dinners, Andrea and Amber brought in Chili's chips and salsa, John and Kate (who the nurses all thought was my twin sister) brought me a chocolate frosty and Jay and Leah snuck in PF Changs. So can you understand why I am feeling very, very spoiled. I can't even say the hospital food is getting old because I rarely order it!
My girls also spent last night decorating my room with their artwork and even some ribbons they won at a toy horse show at Flynn's. Those shows on HGTV would be proud.
Finally, my ward (church congregation) is holding a ward fast for little old me and the baby today. I feel very humbled. And I know I keep repeating how loved I feel through this-- but it's true and I don't know of a better way to describe it.

3 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

So glad you're on your SECOND Sunday. That is very good news. We're praying for you!

Elizabeth said...

Your on my mind all the time... I do know how it feels to be so loved! Its hard to describe! I can relate... Love you.. Elizabeth C.

Blakeley said...

I'm jealous of all your great meals--I haven't had PF Chang's in quite a while. Could you use a roommate? Then we could share all of your yummy food. I promise I wouldn't snore. Just kidding! I'm glad you're still hanging in there. I hope to be down there soon.