Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Big Milestone (Also, it's day 18)

For those of you keeping track, yes today marks week 27. Yippeee. I should be getting a new certificate for my wall. Dr. Lovelace came in this morning and told me this is "huge" to make it to today. So I'm feeling quite proud of little Spartacus and his spunk. He did give me another scare last night and this morning. I figure he's just trying to keep my old heart pumping and pumping hard. He has these little "decelerations" where his heart rate plummets from around 140 beats per minute to around 90. Other than the nurses and I going into "get that baby off his cord"mode, these little moments always earn me another hour holding perfectly still for more monitoring. Of course, then he is a perfect angel and I can get through another few hours of sanity. Dr. Lovelace said very few babies are monitored so often at this early age-- so for all we know, they all could be little pills like this one. Luckily-- for both of us-- he somehow manages to pull himself right back up to normal. Sigh. I've aged 5 years in 18 days. It could be the lovely fluorescent lighting, but I swear I'm noticing gray hair for the first time!
And for all of you who think I'm being so strong and positive, I had a little cry fest last night-- so there. The good thing is, I think its out of my system for a few days. Let's hope.
I did get weighed this morning-- you'd think with all the forced eating I'm doing, combined with the total lack of movement- that I'd be packing on the weight. Unfortunately, I've lost a few pounds and have only gained 7 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Guess all that amniotic fluid adds to the scales.
The girls did get off to Lake Powell but not until 6:30 last night. My brother and his "newly expanded family" made it as far as a motel in Tremonten, Utah and will make the longer trek to Lake Powell today. They are meeting my folks and tons of Leavitt aunts, uncles and cousins to spend nearly a week on a couple of houseboats on Lake Powell. My Leavitt cousins are such a blast to hang out with-- I know the girls will have an amazing time! And one of the houseboats is supposedly the largest on the lake. In other words, the spoiling continues. We have a lot of "de-programming" to do when this all ends. Just kidding.

4 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Yeah!! 27 Weeks ... that is VERY good news! I think you are more than due a good cry every couple days ... or even every day! :)

Love ya!

Stac

Shellee said...

I am so happy to hear that you've made it this far!
Keep going~
BTW, I watched New In Town on your recommendation and I loved it, don'tcha know.

Marti said...

Those are your first gray hairs?

If I didn't like you so much, I'd stop praying for you. :P

Hang in there, Lonni! Spartacus needs you!

Sherri said...

So excited you've made it this far!

Just pull the gray hairs out...that's what my mom did and I'm doing the same. I think it might be time for me to put more blond back in. :)

Lonni...only you would go in and loose weight with no activity. In 18 days guaranteed I'd gain 18 pounds.

So, do we have a name yet?