Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 17 and there are still 22 leaves painted on my room's ceiling!

It's truly amazing how busy my day can be... even though I'm stuck in bed, for the most part. Explain that one. Testing went well this morning. Last night, Spartacus gave me a good scare during monitoring. So it was nice to have no fireworks so far today. My friend, Jean from church came by with another vase of the sweetest smelling roses from her garden. One of my nurses thought they were fake they are so perfect.
And yes, for those of you keeping track, today was craft day. It ended up being just me and my new friend Kim (her sister-in-law is one of my friends). We had a wonderful time decorating a picture frame. She's darling and it's nice to have someone in here who can talk the talk-- know what I mean? By the way, she told me her Doc said for every day she makes it on this end, it shaves off two days for the baby in NICU.
There's really nothing to report from Dr. Lovelace's visit this morning. I'll spare you the details on our discussion about my bodily fluids. Suffice it to say, I'm "comfortably numb" (credit to Pink Floyd) and don't believe I can be that much more humiliated.
I think yesterday was "visit the sick" day in the Mormon church. I had tons of visitors and it was great!!! Six of my "Beehives" (the 12 and 13 year old girls I was over) came up and thoroughly entertained me (and my girls-- let me quote Reese: "Swing me again!"). They had fun going through my list of real names for Spartacus and of course, adding several of their own-- especially those that just happened to be the names of the cutest boys in their school.
Finally, Holland and Greer were supposed to leave at lunchtime for Lake Powell with my brother and his family. It's almost 4 and they just got word their car (which was acting up) is ready to go. So they're still planning on going to Salt Lake tonight. My girls are hyper to say the least. Let's hope Reese survives without her sisters.

2 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Hey! I think tomorrow is 27 weeks if I'm not wrong!? You go girl!!!!

Stac

Blakeley said...

Hey, cutie! It was so fun to see you the other night and have the "Israel Fireside". Is today 27 weeks?! I'm so sorry you're having to struggle through all of this, but you're sure being a great example to the rest of us of how faithful and hopeful we can be during trials. Next time we head your way I'll call first to find out what kind of treat we can bring you. Take care, and I'm glad craft day was a little calmer this week.