Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 Sundays on Hospital Arrest (Day 30)

No complainin' today. Spartacus looked decent (not great but better than before) on the monitors. So I'm feeling thankful for another day down. I've been losing a lot of amniotic fluid lately. Dr. Lovelace says that probably means the break is getting stretched out and as a the baby grows he's making more. I can't seem to keep it inside, but at least Spartacus has some for a bit. So nothing to be too concerned about. Dr. Lovelace and I had a funny conversation this morning about bear encounters. I told him, if I end up having labor instead of a c-section, he and Byron have to swap stories. That should be entertaining. By the way, here's a coincidence for you: my hospital room has one of those big framed color photographs on the wall. Get this, its of Avalanche Creek in Glacier National Park-- right about where Byron was famously chased by a grizzly bear!!
Meagan brought the girls up for a few hours yesterday. She taught them this hilarious song about the Cannibal King with the Big Nose Ring... Anyone heard it? The circus triplets (what I'm now calling the girls after each visit) knew every single word. Byron came and picked them up and let Meagan have the afternoon and evening off. She ran a few errands then came back here to hang out with me and watch She's Just Not That Into You. Man, I've never seen so many movies in my life. I'm almost to the point I might be able to have a decent conversation about what is going on in Pop Culture. And yes, I do know that Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett passed away! I do have cable-ad-nauseaum in here.
My mom's on her way to Idaho today!!!!! That's huge. My dad is staying home to keep his Citrus trees and the rest of the house in the "sale" ready stage.
By the way, thanks for everyone's prayers, comments and support. I couldn't do this without you!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Hang in there! I can't believe you are still there!! I love keeping up on your days :)

Stay tuned for Izzy's end of cancer video soon to be on her blog :) Yeah!

Blakeley said...

Okay, but do you know that Billy Mayes (really obnoxious Oxy Clean or whatever it's called) guy passed away? I think that's his name, anyway. Glad to see that you're keeping up on things. Congrats on making it through 5 Sundays. I can't believe it's already been that long! Take care.

Tricia said...

Hey Lonni. I was thinking about you tonight. I am glad i found your blog. We have had the girls home from Ghana for 2 1/2 weeks now. They are doing great. Talk to you soon.

Tricia

Rebekah said...

I talked to Cindy this morning and it looks like just our two little families (well her's isn't so little) will be coming up to Boise in August. She's going to talk to Kelly and try and get a cousin BBQ organized. I hope you can make it and I will definitely ask to hear Byron's grizzly gear story!