Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, June 12, 2009

Wow, Day 14

I don't have a lot to report today, so that's good. The nurses just monitored the baby this morning and he looked GREAT. Spartacus is sure living up to his name. I did not get into the shower today until noon. I refuse now, to take a shower until Dr. Lovelace visits. And today that didn't happen until ten. Then he proceeded to hang out with me for an hour. He was waiting for his next surgery. Anyway, we had a really fun chat about all kinds of things. He's one smart cookie. So glad, he's in my corner.
In case you are wondering, I did get my massage yesterday. Don't be jealous--my body aches from living in this bed. It was heavenly. And I did get my television fixed. After three maintenance men tried and failed-- Steve-- the tech guy came in. Steve, who had the personality of a wet noodle, had to get a ladder, reach down thru the built in cabinets in my room, unscrew the television, flip a switch in the back and then screw it back in. I felt so dumb. But I am happy to have a little tv when I'm really bored.
The girls came in last night and brought me the cutest little scrapbook. Each of them had colored pictures for me (along with Sally and Jonathan's girls). Plus, there were photos of them at soccer camp, swimming, going down the slide and Reese in bed ready to take a nap. My very favorite picture is of Holland putting her arms around a crying Greer and Reese kind of hugging them from the back. Evidentally, Reese (remember we call her the Pirannah) just up and pushed Greer into a pond.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Your doctor just sat around talking to you for an hour? ONLY in BOISE! Shoot you can barely get 5 minutes with a doctor in Phoenix. :)

HOlland is looking so much like you it's crazy (picture holding the cookie).

Love the baby's nickname. HOw cute is that! Glad your still there & holding up.

Anonymous said...

Lonni, so glad to have connected. You have been BUSY! I'm glad we know how to keep track of you now.
Best,
Angela