Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Goal Reached, New One Set (Day 25)

I did it... or shall I say we (Spartacus and I) did it!!! Today I am 28 weeks pregnant! Who would have ever thought I'd make it to this milestone when I came in at 24 1/2 weeks and thought we wouldn't even make it through the night. My doctor said this is a day of celebration (he even asked the nurses if they'd sing a song). Instead, I got another certificate of congratulations on my wall (3 if you want to count along with me)! Dr. Lovelace said he was also helping me to mark this great occasion (since now the baby has a 90 percent chance of survival), by starting me in the two shot series of steroids to help develop Spartacus' lungs. Ug. I had these two days in a row before I came into the hospital and they are ug-ger-lee. If you want a visual, picture a big needle with a nice, soupy mixture being injected into you cheek-- and not the one next to your nose. My super cool nurse just iced down my bum for 5 minutes before giving me the shot-- so it was much better this time than last. And yes, I do keep reminding myself this is all worth it, even though my entire right side is still burning. I've already confessed I'm a wimp.
Meagan brought the girls up last night. They made a stop at the hospital's gift shop and came bearing a pen with a little gold angel on it, gum, tic tac's and a lollipop shaped like a tulip. I think the girls (Reese as the ringleader) powered through most of the gum in less than an hour. So make sure, if you visit, you see my treasures! There is a curtain just inside my room blocking the door-- so I have to guess whether those coming into my room are friends or nurses by looking at their shoes. Anyway, the three girls put on a musical using the curtain as a stage. They think this hospital room is fun, fun, fun. And sometimes, I'll admit, it is.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Yay Lonnie! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you AND Spartacus...except for the shot part of course. Yikes!

Diane said...

Congratulations on meeting your milestone. Glad your doing so well.

Taylor Family said...

Way to go Lonni and Spartacus! I read your blog everyday for the updates. We are getting ready to leave for two weeks on family vacation, so I fully expect to see more blogging when I return. That would put you at 30 weeks. Good luck. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers.

Blakeley said...

Congratulations to you! Your girls sound so adorable.