Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Hospital Film Fest Continues... (Day 26)

Yesterday turned out to be a really fun day in here. My darling friend Pam (the Caviar Facial friend), showed up in the late afternoon with a banana/hot fudge milkshake, tons of other treats and a great, great little movie called The Ultimate Gift. If you haven't seen it, it's worth going out of your way. Then, Joannah, Carol, Susan, Jeannie and Mary K came with pizza, Iranian food, brownies, and many, many more goodies. We talked and talked and then put on the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic. We laughed and giggled and stayed up way too late. Thanks-- I have the best girlfriends. Too bad they didn't weigh me today after such gorging. Alas, I was weighed yesterday and have only gained one pound in a week. My doc says it's probably because I'm losing muscle (no suprise there). Oh, and my big brother, Doug came in and brought a CD full of pictures from the kid's trip to Lake Powell. I plan on posting several sometime today.
Spartacus had a little deceleration last night-- always scary-- but it was very short. His heart dipped low and then went right back up after about 30 seconds. Much better than the eternal 4 minute episodes of the past. It's almost as if he just decided to take a little break. Since he's such a fighter, I'll cut him some slack.
I just got my second and last shot. So glad that's behind me (excuse the pun). That's about all I have to report on the medical front. Just pluggin through another day. As for the homefront, Meagan took the three girls shopping at a dollar store so each of them could pick out "super special" birthday/Father's Day gifts for their Dad. She also made his favorite cake-- German Chocolate last night. I'll let you know what cool things the girls picked out for their dad.

1 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

I'm excited to see that movie also ... my boys loved the lake powell pics. They wanted to know what HOUSE is that?!