Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's Saturday and I'm Still Here

It's Saturday morning... about the same time I was rushed in here last week. And I'm still here. Wow. I can do this. Dr. Lovelace came in a while ago and told me all looks about the same. Which is good. The monitoring showed one little blip for a few minutes (baby's heart beat was down a bit). But they say that is to be expected now that my water is broken. My blood pressure was pretty low this morning-- but it always runs on the lower side of things. I guess I can blame that on why I'm feeling really mellow today. Also could be the overcast sky outside my TWO windows.
The best news I can impart actually came late yesterday. Dr. Lovelace stopped by and we were talking about my condition. He said just continue to stay down and eventually I'll start bleeding more and then the contractions will ramp up. I asked him if he could give me any idea of a timeline of when to expect all this to kick in and he said that if everything continues to go as it is right now-- I may make it another FOUR weeks!!! I about fell out of my bed. This is the same doctor who has been telling me all along to try and make it through one day and that's the best I can hope for.
So all of a sudden, I've gone from a prognosis of making it one day to making it through a week to a goal of 4 weeks. That would put the baby's odds for survival in the 90 percentile (I believe). So I feel very blessed. I just won't allow myself to think what 5 weeks in the "Bridal Suite" will cost us. Nevermind the NICU for the baby. Troops, let's start planning lots of lemonade stands and car washes- ha.
Thank you again for all of the visits, phone calls, flowers, food, name suggestions and the taking care of my family. Ever want to know how much you are loved? Go through this. On second thought, just call me and I'll tell you that you are very loved.

3 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Yaaay!!! Not how you planned on spending the summer, but we moms do what we must. Prayers are working. ;)

Blakeley said...

Lonni, this is a test comment. It hasn't been working, so I'll try this and if it works, I'll leave a real comment.

Blakeley said...

Hallelujah! It finally worked! Lonni, it's me, Kim. It says that I'm Blakeley, but it's really me. Stacey let me know what was up and Cindy emailed me your blog info, so I've been checking it daily. I'm so sorry that all of this yucky stuff is happening to you right now. You're so great, though, to post daily and let everyone know your current condition. That's very thoughtful of you. We've been praying for you and will be fasting for you this weekend. We love you and your sweet family. I've asked Stacey to let me take a turn helping somehow. I'd love to come visit you next week, too. I was only in the hospital for a week when I had Blakeley and I thought I was going to go crazy from lying in that same bed day after day. You have a great attitude, and your sense of humor cracks me up. Hang in there. Sure do love you!