Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Speaking of Spring

Thes pics are actually from about a month or so ago. But the story is hilarious. One morning we woke up to this little guy trying to break into our house. He or she was obviously fixated on the ficus tree inside our house. The bird (I nicknamed it Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction) put in an 8 hour day repeatedly flying into our window and pecking at it furiously. I thought after a day of failure, G.C. would wisen up and give up.... but boy was I wrong. The next day it was Groundhog day all over again and the next and the next and the next and the next....
This obsessive/compulsive behavior went on for -- no joke-- three weeks. Oh, there was a bit of variation, GC would try the french doors on the East side of the house and once in a while move to the windows on the North side. But I'm proud to say that Byron built a solid house and the little burglar never succeeded. I assume our little feathered friend finally gave up... because after weeks when we were so used to the body slams against the window, he just didn't show up for work one day. Go figure. I'm just thankful we didn't find a pot with a boiling bunny outside our door. (I assume you've all seen Fatal Attraction).



3 comments:

Sherri said...

I LOVE these pictures! That bird is really cute! Spring in Boise looks dreamy.

I flew over Boise on Saturday and said Hi. It was a little bumpy. Were you getting some weather?

Glad your still there and doing good. Wow a few more weeks of bed rest sounds spectacular! ;) Maybe I'll send some coloring books.

One more name...ROCKY! We have a pilot named Rocky and he's a pretty cool dude.

Diane said...

Love the bird story. You have such adventures in Idaho. Glad that you have time to update your blog now. Looking forward to more posts.

Kerri said...

Wow Lonni. My mom has kept me in the loop a bit, but readying your last posts have really shown everything you guys are going through. I'm so sorry. We're praying for you guys. There is nothing quite like the blessings of enduring something really hard--hang in there! Loves from Texas!