Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yikes, I forgot...

I can't believe I forgot that today is one of those milestone days. First, I made it to 31 weeks (today). I'll have another certificate on the wall (number 6). I also have my weigh in each Tuesday and guess what????? I finally gained some weight instead of losing. I have gained 2 pounds and 8 ounces since last week. I know it sounds a little funny to be in this position-- but I've been losing even though I've been eating like a horse in here. So maybe I have no more muscle to lose. Actually, Dr. Lovelace ordered a hospital Physical Therapist to come and teach me some resistance exercises and stretches to do. To give you an idea of how much my body has deteriorated in here... my calves burn when I stand to brush my teeth. I even had a nightmare last week (I think it was last week, who knows?) that I was too weak to pick the baby up in the infant car seat. Dr. Lovelace heard my pleas and a few minutes ago the P.T. came in and walked me through a few things they will allow me to do. Phew!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Wow! 31 weeks! I consider this one of the miracles I've been privileged to see in my life!

Blakeley said...

Woohoo for making it to 31 weeks! That's amazing, really. Isn't it crazy how weak you feel? It's bizarre that our bodies can become that way when we aren't allowed to move around. I'm sure when you finally get to go home and chase your cute little girls around you'll quickly regain the muscle you've lost.

Sherri said...

Congrats on 31 weeks!

That was a scary nightmare (it was also my fear with CC being so small). I swear you have to be a body builder to carry those infant car seats for any length of time. I don't even work on my arms anymore when I go to the gym. ;)

Glad your doctor has assigned you a PT I'm sure that will be a great help!