Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin (name that tune) (Day 34)

It's kind of boggling my mind today to think that as of tomorrow, I will have spent five weeks in this hospital bed. That's crazy!!! My friend Cindy says someday I'll look back, read this blog and be amazed at how quickly time has gone. Don't know, that might take years to get to that point.

I have lots to report today. And many of you will be happy to know, none of it has to do with bodily fluids!!

I had a headache and slight fever last night. Since one of my big enemies in here is infection-- I was a tad apprehensive as to whether it would get worse. But I'm happy to report, as of this morning, I'm back to normal. So, phew.

Dr. Lovelace came in a little before 8 this morning and brought with him a portable ultrasound machine. These portables aren't very good-- the high level machines are in the maternal/fetal monitoring department and he would have to have another doctor conduct the ultrasound and then report back to him-- so now I know why he had me wheelchaired across the street to his office the last time. Anyway, Spartacus looked pretty darn good. As usual, there wasn't hardly any amniotic fluid-- but-- Spartacus had a full bladder, which means he's making amniotic fluid. Dr. Lovelace was not able to measure him with this machine-- but he did say Spartacus definitely looked bigger and appears to be growing. He is still head down-- but now face forward and his feet are curled up right next to his face. The doc says this is called Frank Breech (I think-don't quote me- my brain has gone to mush, right along with my body). Since the baby is so small, he shouldn't have any problems when it comes to delivery if he is still in this position. But listen to this... he said once Spartacus is born, he will likely curl up in his crib in that same position-- with his feet up to his face for a few days to a few weeks. He told me to make sure and get a picture of this because it won't last too long. Once again, he will likely need a little physical therapy to stretch those tendons or ligaments that didn't get much exercise in the womb. But he should be fine.

Dr. Lovelace is leaving town today and won't be back until Monday... so nothing better happen while he is gone.

On the homefront: my mom is doing great. She told me Reese did go down for a nap yesterday (and after my mom checked on her three times to make sure she was really down-- my mom was able to relax). They were heading to the park today for a picnic.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your on my mind EVERY DAY! You can do it I just know it! 5 weeks is a long time but trust me when this is all over it will be a bit of a fog! You will wonder did that really happen? Love you Lon!

CJ said...

Yes, you will have to get pictures of Spartacus with his feet up to his face! Mark, our last child, was a footling breech and he kept one leg down and one leg up! You are doing ever so well keeping your spirits!

Our prayers are with you.

Love,
Charmen

Chuck said...

Fly Like an Eagle. What do I win? HAHA