Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, July 23, 2009

No Bed Sores-- just soreness. (Day 55)

Hi everyone. Not a lot to report medically. Let's see, I'm still here, having periodic contractions and contractions every time I get up to go to the bathroom. Dr. Lovelace confirmed what I already knew-- Spartacus is looking pretty good lately. He's getting bigger and so there is more movement on the monitoring. As I've mentioned before, with my lack of amniotic fluid for cushioning-- I can really feel every time he moves or kicks. Oy.
Dr. Lovelace and I had quite the conversation this morning about the Mafia-- his experiences in Colorado-- and then mine of growing up in Vegas and then covering those crazy guys when I was a squeaky, young reporter.
My mom is leaving town today. She's flying to Las Vegas this afternoon to re-charge her batteries and spend some time with my dad. Once again, my friends are stepping in to cover her well-deserved break. Thank you!
I also had a fast Wednesday. My friend Susanne (who owns White Water Pizza) brought up TONS of food for lunch, then Mary K and her mother came by, then Korri (Byron's little sister from Utah) and her two girls stopped in, then my neighbor Tina and her children arrived, then the hospital's Relaxation Therapist, then my mother and finally, Byron. Whew!
Byron and I feasted on the food, talked a ton and went over names--- I hate to admit we are nowhere, yuck. This coming up with a boy name is awfully hard. But I did get a good back rub out of the evening. I'll check in tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Yeah Spartacus - way to keep growing big guy! Now can you please be gentle with your mommy! You'll have plenty of time to practice your karate moves.
Love all the pictures of the girls.
I'll call you tomorrow.
Hugs,
Cindy

Sherri said...

I have a layover in Boise this Saturday. Yea... I get to come see you! I get in at 1400 central time which is I think 1:00 your time. Anyway I'll be there later in the afternoon on Sat. I'll get your phone number and call before I come.

See you soon!

Sherri

Marti said...

If Stephen Spielberg and Kate Capshaw can name their kid "Destry," why can't you name him SPARTACUS. ha!

Ok, not really. Good luck on that!

*This has become my daily soap opera that I have to tune in for the update on! Here's to hoping for that HAPPILY EVER AFTER.