Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Patience, Patience My Dear (41 days on hospital arrest)

This morning Byron told me I'm not really pregnant-- I've actually been committed and am in the insane asylum. He dared me to post this! So please, everyone, give him a hard time!!!
On the Spartacus front (yes, I'm prego-- he's kicking in my belly to prove it), all still looks good. At his morning visit, Dr. Lovelace said he will try to get an ultrasound done in the next few days so we can see how he is growing. Should we start taking some wagers as to how much he weighs? (You can't take the Vegas out of the girl).
I had tons of company yesterday-- including my Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen from Wyoming. No, they didn't come all the way over here just to see me, our Walker family reunion starts tonight. I also got a job. Yes, a little contract work from my hospital bed. Shocking, I know. My friend works for Stevens-Heneger College. I'll be writing a press release for them. Cool to have to engage my brain again.
My mom is coming up here with the girls. They made her promise they can get lunch from the cafeteria at the hospital. Whatever. I've never bragged about them having taste, have I?
BULLETIN: My fav. nurse just came in and I told her the girls were coming up for their big lunch. She got permission for me to go with them to the cafeteria. So I apologize for ripping on the food. I'm as giddy as the girls for our outing. They just brought in the wheelchair.
My mom is also bringing pictures they took from the mother/daughter extravaganza yesterday at my Aunt's house. The theme this year was: A Mexican Fiesta. So once they tell me all about it, I'll edit it down and tell you about their latest adventure.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Hurray Lonni! DOING GREAT WOMAN! (Hi Byron and Holland and Greer and Reese!)

HANG IN THEIR SPARTACUS!!!

Marti said...

It must be late. Hang in their????

Blakeley said...

Girl, you get more done from a hospital bed than anyone I know--first you design and make lovely handmade bibs, then you begin a career as a hospital food critic, then you find a new job on top of that! All while housing a sweet little boy inside of you! What will you come up with next?! I'm so excited for your upcoming field trip to the cafeteria! Are you going to take pictures of your big day? I think you should. Have fun eating that delicious gourmet food with your sweet girls!