Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Whoooppppeeee! The Baby is Week 30 (Day 39 in the hospital)

Wow. All these numbers to keep track of. But this is another biggie. Now, hopefully, we'll start seeing little Spartacus put on some weight. I, on the other hand, at weigh-in this morning, lost 4 ounces from last week. What's up with that? I'm shoving food in the ol' mouth like I'm eating for two or something.


Dr. Lovelace came in early this morning- he actually woke me up. So, as you can imagine, our conversation was pretty short. All is the same-- another day of incubating this little baby.


Do you remember Meagan (Byron's mother's cousin's daughter who spent a week watching the girls)... well she and her parents (Jan and Ken) whom I love very, very much-- showed up in my hospital room yesterday. They were driving from a family reunion in Washington back to Arizona and decided to "swing" by to see all of us. What a treat.


Here are some pictures from Saturday (4th of July) when the girls "opted" (surprise, surprise) to go with Grammy out to Middleton to my brother's house and then to a parade instead of coming up here.


Here they are all waiting for the parade to come by. My Sister-in-law, Dana is on the left, then Katie, Holland, Greer, Reese and Morgan. Notice the bags they have to help them "score" candy.


My mom said Reese (above) killed everyone in the candy department. She just stood there with her bag in her hands and the parade participants would put handfuls of candy inside it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact she had on a shirt that says "I Love Lollipops".


In the evening, they headed over to Jonathan and Sally Giles' house for a little water action (Greer above), a BBQ and fireworks.


Holland, ever the dare-devil, catching some air.


Fireworks with Jonathan (in the back), his daughter Sophia, then Holland, Greer and Elysia (Holland's best friend and Jonathan's oldest girl).


And finally, here's Greer and Holland looking like they had a great time. And Greer below with the ultimate 4th of July tradition for kids-- a sparkler. I guess, Reese wouldn't touch the sparklers, but had a blast throwing down those little pop rocks. As always, my kids are being well taken care of and won't need too much counseling when this whole adventure is said and done!!


0 comments: