Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

There are now 47 hash marks on my wall. (Day 47)

I just had the yummiest lunch and the best company. Nope, it wasn't hospital food (shocking!!!)... my friends brought up Costa Vida (fresh Mex/Tex) for lunch. It was killer. Linda Stevens, Colleen Riggs and Caran Daley are hilarious. We laughed and laughed-- it was just what I needed. Notice, I didn't fall for the old cliche' "just what the doctor ordered".
Reese was up half the night again with an earache that is not getting better. And when she woke up with a fever this morning, my mom couldn't get her into the doctor's office fast enough. She threw up twice too. The Pediatrician says she has a full blown ear infection in one ear and one starting in the other. Poor little thing. All she wants is to come up and see her mommy. I'm hoping the antibiotics kick in and she can come up soon. For sure, she has to be better for her big birthday celebration starting Friday night. Actually, it's going to be pretty low key-- that's all Byron can handle right now. Byron is planning on tent camping with the three girls on the upper lawn (geez, I can't figure out why my mom is opting to sleep in the bed in the house). They will roast marshmallows and make smores Friday night over the fire and then cook breakfast on the grill Saturday morning. It's the closest we could come to camping with all that is going on. Remember, all Reese has talked about for the past six months is that she wants to go "camping, swimming and have a pink coconut cake" for her birthday. Then they will head down to Grandpa Bodily's house for the swimming part. My mom is hoping to find a grocery store bakery that can pull together a pink coconut cake. Greer called me the other night and after telling me how much she missed me-- she said I needed to get home for Reese's birthday... that this is a really big birthday that I just can't miss. Reese is turning 3. This is when I really struggle with being stuck in here. Yes, I should be home for this really big birthday and to hold my sick little baby who just wants her mommy. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, my mom is there to hold her and Byron is there in the evenings. I keep telling myself we will all get through this with the need for minimal counseling.
Spartacus (let me once again reinforce the fact that this is just a nickname) looked pretty flat or perhaps sleepy today. I'm about to go on again... so hopefully, he'll be wide awake and live up to his name. Dr. Lovelace's visit this morning was highly entertaining. We hardly talked about the baby or my condition (since all seems about the same). Instead we talked about crooked politicians, the infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Phoenix, the Grizzly Diaries and many other random subjects. When this hospital stay is finally over, I'm really going to miss Dr. Lovelace's daily visits.

1 comments:

Marti said...

47 days? Wow, I lose internet service for a few days and you mark off 47 days?

Congrats Lonni! You are the Queen of Hanging in There! :)