Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, July 20, 2009

A little nervous... (Day 52)

Okay, first thing this morning (seven something) as Dr. Lovelace was leaving -- oh gee, how do I say this delicately? I had a huge gush of blood. My nurse put me on the monitors for TWO hours-- ug. Spartacus looked fine but I was averaging 6 contractions an hour. It's now settled down to one every 25 minutes. And I feel slightly crampy. So things have changed a bit today. I, once again, feel off. But am hopeful to have things keep slowing down and stay on bed arrest for a few more weeks.
I guess (including the 300 pound woman who delivered in such a hurry on Friday) they've had three women deliver this past weekend. I'm the last hold-out to still be this unit with my amniotic fluid ruptured. In fact, the nurse told me this morning they've been waiting for me. Didn't like that comment at all!!! I think she was trying to be a comedienne. I did hear one of the pregnant women being rushed over to Labor and Delivery. I heard a huge commotion outside my door this morning at about 3:45 a.m. So I figured another one had "left the building". It all happens so quickly around here. I know with one of the women... she was fine at the top of the hour, looked the best she had in days but felt slightly crampy. Her baby was born within the hour. So I am trying to be very good today and stay down and in bed.
My mom has opted NOT to bring the girls up today. They all say they really wanted to come up again-- but I suspect its not about seeing me but buying huge gumballs from this cool machine in the lobby. So they are off to the library instead.
They did come up for a few hours yesterday afternoon. The Brinton's and their children had come up earlier and played some really fun card games with me. My girls came bursting in with Reese carrying a huge shopping bag to show me many of the presents she had received for her birthday. They also brought me a piece of -- yes, you guessed it-- pink coconut cake. Byron played videos of all the birthday celebration for me-- so I felt almost like I was there. I'll try and load some video today-- but at least some pictures. I've learned the shocking and painful lesson that life (birthday parties) can go on without me and the kids seem just fine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Been thinkin of you sweet girl! Glad to see the b-day party went only had one issue (you not being there!!):-(

I'll give you a shout later this week...Glad to hear Lil' Spart is still hangin' in there. You go, girl!! Well...don't GO literally...yet, anyway! :-)
Jeannette