Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thankful for another day (Day 45)

I'm still here and still just pluggin' away. And yes, I'm still grateful to be here. After my visit to NICU... this is much, much better.
Byron, my mom and the girls were up here much of yesterday. The girls came armed with new artwork, candy, snacks and a little red fire truck for me and Spartacus to play with. We still don't have a name for him... even though Reese is pretty adamant that we name him-- Aquamarine. Nice, huh. I don't think she would get the explanation that he would be beat up starting on day one of kindergarten if we did that to him. Also the Borups came up with homemade coconut sorbet and icecream sandwiches. Yes, I know I'm very spoiled. The Borups used to be over the nursery in our church and Reese LOVES the Borups. We were laughing so hard-- because Reese kept calling Mark (the dad) Sister Borup.
I'm writing this Monday evening, I've had non-stop company today: Jean Richardson with her weekly bouquet of fresh roses, my "Aunt" Peggy from California and her sister, my grandma, cousin and Aunt RoEen. Plus tons of phone calls and a bunch of junk I had to work out on our insurance. So It's crazy how fast this day has gone.
I honestly can't remember anything about monitoring last night or this morning. But I just got off the "belts" and of course Spartacus had another deceleration. Thankfully, I don't freak out about them anymore. It doesn't do any good. I'll spare you the bodily fluids report.
I never made it to craft day today-- first, I had to much company and second, the nurse who usually does it-- is on vacation. It was too crazy last week, so we didn't do it then either. That's fine. It really just is to help pass the time and I have plenty to do in here.
One other thing worth mentioning... we had a freak storm blow in here yesterday afternoon-- lots of thunder, lightning, rain and wind. My family was just showing up at the beginning of it and when they got close to my room-- all the nurses were running down the hall. Evidentally, two women went into labor yesterday-- one right after the other. Both of them are abrupt (where they have lost their fluid)-- just like me, but I also have a weakening placenta. My nurse said whenever they have this "change in pressure" outside, they tend to have women go into labor. My doctor says that's a crock. Either way, I'm feeling blessed I'm still here.

1 comments:

karen said...

yeah, and docs also dismiss the notion that babies get a runny nose and low-grade fever when they are teething. hogwash, eh?

I'm glad you're still in your "prenatal" stage, too--hopefully Aquamarine won't feel the need to vacate the premises for awhile yet.

you are my new hero for "enduring well to the end" in there. you're making it through this, lady!! I know, I know--what's the other option again? but still. really. Know that I think about you often...