Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!! (Day 36)

Yup. I'm still here. Stacy has already called to make sure everything was allright. I'm just very, very late in getting to this. (It's after 7pm). I had my blog all pulled up and ready to start when my friend, Rachelle showed up to give me a pedicure (bright red polish with fireworks on the big toes)! Then Byron came to spend the day with me (he's still here). My mom took the girls to a parade and my brother's house for a BBQ. Now they are headed over to Sally's house for a party and fireworks.
Remember I had told you the fill in doctor for Dr. Lovelace had put a big no on my foray to watch fireworks. The nurses (who I know oh, so well) said I already have a wheelchair order to go to craft day-- so if Byron wants to sneak me out to watch fireworks for a few minutes-- it's all okay. They think Dr. Christensen was just being overly cautious since I'm not his patient. So Byron is staying here and we have our great "escape" planned for 10 p.m. Can't wait to get out of this room!!!!
Spartacus looked just okay this morning during monitoring. But I have to say when Byron was here this afternoon he looked the best he's looked in a week. He must have perked up at hearing his dad's voice. We'll see if my theory holds for the 9p.m. testing. Hope everyone has a great 4th! I know I will-- I get to get out of here for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

karen said...

happy fourth my friend! I did not do a sparkler for you, as they are outlawed in AZ. I did, however, eat lots of dark chocolate, AND banana pudding pie in your honor.

That Reese of yours has got to be the most bright-eyed little spunk of a spark I have ever seen! YOu can almost see the wheels turning in that happy little girl's head. And I'll say it again: what an ambitious dad Byron is to take her camping. period.

hang in there.

Blakeley said...

Woohoo! Lonni has left the building! I'm so excited for you and your tiny little escape. You crazy rebel you! I thought of you yesterday and wondered if you'd be able to have some sort of celebration. I'm very glad to hear that you did. Our family had a blast. The kids came home totally dirty and exhausted, so after a bath they fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow. (We have friends staying with us until Thursday, I believe, so it may be a little while before I can stop by again--I'm sorry--I really haven't forgotten you! I'm still praying for you and am so proud of you for hanging in there so long.)