Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Official: 7 Weeks in here!!! (Day 49)

Whew!! Just dodged a close one. Fridays and Mondays are surgery days for Dr. Lovelace. So after monitoring this morning I thought I'd sneak in a quick shower. I literally had my clean clothes in hand when Dr. Lovelace walked in. I just need to learn to be a patient patient. I certainly don't want a shower interview again. I have enough humiliation in here without pulling that stunt again.
Dr. Lovelace says it looks like I am having one good contraction an hour. He says that's totally normal for a pregnancy at this stage and once again, it is amazing since I've lost all of my amniotic fluid that I have not had an early on-set of contractions. He said quote-- I have one quiet uterus. Quiet in that way, yes but geez, every time the baby moves, I feel like my entire insides are being shifted. Once again, a "benefit" of having no fluid.
I have my favorite daytime nurse assigned to me today. But I'll likely see little of Liz. She's also been assigned to the floor's "problem patient"-- a woman who has "fired" other nurses from her room, is very demanding and time consuming. Can you imagine? I can see how someone would get crabby in here but she sounds very extreme.

Once again, I was very spoiled yesterday with friends bringing in fresh salsa and chips, Butterfinger milkshakes (the drive-in actually gave them an extra one-- so Byron was very happy) and Juliet an old friend (she's not old and neither am I-- we just go way back) from KPNX-- sent me a huge box of gourmet brownies. I'm starting to get the feeling there is a conspiracy out there to fatten me up!!! Spartacus looked good on monitoring so he's liking the non-hospital, yummy treats as well. And all the laughter that goes on in this room. I have very entertaining friends!
By the way, Reese slept great last night. The antibiotics are working and she's feeling good today. Tonight is the start of her big birthday soiree'. Byron and the girls will pitch tents in the yard tonight for the much requested "camping" portion of her beeday. My friend has the girls for half the day today-- to give Saint Dee (my mom's new nickname) a break and a chance to get some errands done on her own.

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

"Saint Dee"... I love it.