Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday To Reese, Happy Birthday To Reese...

Byron and my mom did an amazing job helping Reese have a perfect birthday. Remember, all she wanted was to go camping, swimming and have a pink coconut cake. So here's camping out on the upper lawn Friday night. Her birthday was actually a birth-weekend.The gang stayed up until well after midnight. It could be the sugar infusion: S'mores before bed. Notice Reese's finger placement. For some reason, that totally cracks me up.

The "big" girls-- Holland and Greer got to sleep in their own tent. Byron promises those lumps in the picture are actually the girls.
This picture of Reese is from Saturday night. My brother, Doug and his family came over for a birthday BBQ, pink coconut cake and swimming. My mom took some snaps of the girls in the garden. Reese, as the birthday girl wore the flower in her hair all night.
The girls looking clean and cute!
How the girls really look most of the time (when there's no camera around). By the way, LOOK at our corn behind them. When I came into the hospital-- our garden was dirt!!!
After camping all night, Byron made breakfast on the grill, they ate outside, opened presents and then they all went swimming at Grandpa Bodily's (our neighbor who has become part of the family). After an afternoon nap, they went swimming again in the evening with my brother's family. Here's Reese doing her "kick and paddle".

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Love the pictures! Your girls are so cute! Are you growing corn? How about potatoes? :)

Sherri said...

ps... who made the girls those blankets? Very cute!

Blakeley said...

Lonni, I've missed you! The kids and I have been in Utah since last Wednesday. We got home tonight, and I had to catch up on what I have missed. I was telling Eric that it was possible that you could have had Spartacus--er, Aquamarine--er, your cute little boy by now. What a woman! You've made it so far! It sounds like you've had an eventful few days, and I'm hoping that everything is okay for you right now, as you're having more contractions and are feeling "off". You really are a trooper, and so is your little man. I'm so glad that Reese is feeling better and that she had a fabulous birthday bash. I almost cried as I read Sunday's post about the things you're grateful for, and as I read about Greer calling and telling you to come for Reese's b-day party. That's gotta really tug at those heartstrings. How cool, though, that they video-taped it and tried to help you feel like you didn't miss out. You are such a wonderful mother, Lonni, and sacrifice so much for all four of your children. I have to say that I am feeling so guilty for not visiting you for so long. We had company for almost a week and then went to Utah. Eric tells me that we're having company again on Wednesday, but I am really going to try to visit you this week. I'd better call you first, though, to see if you're feeling up to it. Love you, girl!

Marti said...

In one of those pictures, it was so obvious that Holland looks just like you, Lonni! And the way she was positioned over her sisters sorta protectively... must make your day and break your heart simultaneously.

I know you want to be home with them all and Spartacus, too.

Here's to holding our collective breath for a bit longer...

Cindy said...

I want to be a child again! The girls and Byron looked like they were having so much fun! What wonderful memories they will have. You both are truly wonderful parents.
Today is a big day for you and Spartacus. Prayers, prayers and more prayers.
Hugs,
Cindy