Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, July 26, 2009

So Far So Good On Sunday (Day 58)

I made it through the night. I woke up a handful of times with a few issues, but I didn't deliver and for that I am grateful. Spartacus is still looking strong on his monitoring and I've settled down to about 1 contraction every 15 minutes (if I stay still and on my side). Dr. Lovelace gets back into town sometime this afternoon and my mom flies in Monday night. So gotta keep going....
Sherry, one of my close girlfriends from Arizona had a lay-over yesterday (she's a flight attendant for Southwest). So guess how she spent much of her day off? Hanging with me and Spartacus. She also brought a little potted cactus, to remind me of all my beloved friends and family in Arizona, homemade cookies from Stacy and Anita and etc. etc. It was so nice to have her here with me.
She snapped a few pictures from her cell phone. You know how I keep talking about the certificates I earn for each week the baby turns? Here is the latest with week 33 scheduled to come Tuesday (another reason to make it to Tuesday, don't you think?).
Here's my dear Sherry. I'm leaning on her heavily-- so not used to standing for very long-- scary, huh?
And this is the picture, I will probably regret for the rest of my life for posting-- but so many of you have asked to see "La Belly". If you can handle the glare of my white stomach-- I'm 8 months prego. And Stacy, yes, I did have the guts to post this!

Okay, that's enough humiliation for today. This Sunday morning has been crazy busy with my cousins, my friend Gary who just moved up here this week from CA and some young men from church who brought me the Sacrament (we used zucchini bread instead of regular bread-- that's probably a once in a lifetime thing). Byron and the girls should be up this afternoon. Today should go by quickly at this rate.
I've had so many emails and phone calls of late- of friends from all over the country who tell me their prayer groups, congregations and relatives are praying for me and my situation. How blessed I feel and how humble. How do I ever begin to express my gratitude? Those pleas to heaven are why I believe I am still here and why Spartacus has been the recipient of so many blessings and miracles.
I was thinking this morning that how difficult it must be for our loving Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ to not answer every prayer fully. To not heal every person or child who is sick, suffering, struggling, injured and hurt. How we have been placed on this earth to learn the principle of faith. And without these experiences, we would not stretch, grow or even learn to be patient. I think what I am trying to say is that I really am thankful for this trial and hope I will emerge from this experience a stronger and better person.

6 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

love the belly!!!!

Nick said...

I wish my belly was that small at 8 mths. You're so brave and wonderful. I can't believe you haven't gone insane yet. I'll keep praying for baby.

Marti said...

Thank you for the picture. It helped me to understand. You look pretty tiny for eight months along, but I guess minus the amniotic fluid, you would be.

Lonni, if you're thinking you're going be a better person, keep in mind, you've dragged all of us along on this little adventure of yours and Byrons, so we're all hoping to vicariously learn and earn some of the same as you. :)

Sleep tight!

Elizabeth said...

You already are a stong person... It's just another part of the "challenge" in life that we accepted to go through. Please know you are on my mind everyday! Love to you... Elizabeth

Shellee said...

I think your belly is cute! I was almost jealous that you have sucha little tummy and then realized that it's because of the lack of fluid and that you are dealing with so much more than I think I could handle.
Here's to tomorrow and another certificate!

Sherri said...

Lonni, it was so fun to see you again! I walked back to my hotel along the river and watched the sunset. I love Boise and I think the belly picture is very cute!