Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, July 24, 2009

It's Official, EIGHT WEEKS IN HERE!!!!! (Day 56)

So Marti... is this really your daily soap opera fix? I'll try and make it more exciting. I am scheduled for an ultra sound late this afternoon. At least that gives us all a little bit of a cliff hanger. Will Spartacus have grown? In our last episode (ultrasound) he was averaging two weeks behind in his measurements... will he have caught up? Or will he now be three weeks behind (not good)? Will I have any amniotic fluid? Will his bladder be full? Tune in later for the shocking (ug, I've been watching too much TV) results!
Actually, it's to bad there is not a camera crew staking out my room. I've had quite the emotional outburst. I talked to Holland last night and she completely broke down and sobbed that she is tired of all of this and wants me home. She was crying so hard she was whimpering. Of course, I started sobbing and have been an emotional wreck ever since. I finally told her to go have Daddy hold her. Of course, about then, my nurse assistant came in to take my vitals. Before I knew it, I had three very kind nurses in my room -- all of whom I'm sure thought I had officially and finally lost it. Honestly, I do think I would have been able to pull myself together much faster if they had not come in, trying to calm me and to get me to talk about it.
Byron had planned to come up here tonight for "date night" but we will see how the girls do today. Holland sure sets the tone for the other two.
I must have made the nurses' report-- because first thing this morning, my nurse came in talking about what a rough night I had last night. I, of course, lost it again. I at least held it somewhat together for Dr. Lovelace. He'd also heard. But had the great suggestion of trying to get clearance for Byron to take Holland into NICU to see the tiny babies in the hopes of helping her to understand why it is better I stay in here.
Now, don't all of you get worried about me. I'm pulling it together once again. Elly came and spent her lunch with me and Jean brought her weekly fresh bouquet of roses. So I'm already in a much better space. And my room spells yummy.
My Mom did make it home to Vegas just fine. We heard that there is still no movement on the house they've put an offer on up here. It is a "short" sale and has been languishing on someone's desk (for a while, in the wrong department). Now you know I try not to speak ill of others-- but geez, the people at Citibank must be mentally challenged. Our poor real estate agent, Paul has earned his Sainthood by having to listen to their excuses. We are trying to keep it all in perspective in that their home in Las Vegas is still very much available. It sometimes seems that everything in our lives right now is out of our control.
I'll make sure to let you all know what the Ultrasound shows.

1 comments:

Marti said...

HECK YEAH, this is my soap! It's much more interesting to get the daily ups and downs of a REAL LIFE family of friends that I care about.

If this was American Idol, we'd be down to the final few, huh? And all of you are becoming my idols!

The last time I saw Holland in person, she was a toddler who behaved reasonably well at a girls' lunch out. I've never met Greer or Reese in person or even talked to them on the phone, but I feel like I know them better now.

And there's that added plus: I now feel like when I post a comment, I'm getting BETTER response than I would ever get watching that ridiculous talent/popularity show.

You bet! I click in here every day to see how you're doing... and whether you've made it through one. More. Day.

I'm totally tickled when you have a great day. And sorta concerned when you have a down one, wondering how much more of this real-life drama you can bear.

So buck up, girlfriend! I'm watching and I'm sure I speak for lots of your fan-friends. Gotta have my Lonni & Byron soap! Gotta have it every day!

Btw, in the soaps, babies like this are always born to thrive. :)

Sleep tight tonight, huh!