Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Monday... (Day 38)

Well I made it through another weekend. In fact, tomorrow is another huge milestone-- a cause for celebration-- I'll be 30 weeks. And as I've mentioned earlier, its in the 30's that the baby will really grow-- approximately a half pound a week. I can't believe how many miracles we've experienced. I have to keep that in mind to overpower the doldrums of the day in and day out in the hospital.
Yesterday-- Sunday, went really fast. The Brinton family (from church) came up and spent the afternoon playing games. We played this strategic, yet hilarious card game called Scum. I haven't played it in probably 17 years!! Then Byron, my mom and the girls came up with dinner (homemade roast, mashed potatoes and corn). It was yummmy. Reese and Greer each brought books they'd checked out at the library. So we had fun reading those. They were both bear books. Our family seems to have an obsession with bears-- dating back to Byron's early encounters with bears out in the wild.
Dr. Lovelace is back in town. Phew! He told me this morning that my stomach actually looked a little bigger. He says everything is about the same with the baby and me... so we'll shoot for 32 weeks and try and test the amniotic fluid for a certain chemical or something like that -- that will show his lungs have developed. And then we'll decide from there. I did ask Dr. Lovelace what the longest possible time I could keep the baby in--- he said he hesitates to say-- because things can change and do change every day-- but the absolute longest he will now let me go is 35 weeks. Holy Cow!!! I can't even wrap my mind around being here another 5 weeks. I really think that would put Byron over the edge. He says he's already so used to me being gone-- it will be a real adjustment when I move back home... eventually. Ah, the twists and turns of life.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I'm so glad to hear all is still going well. I would still like to offer you any baby stuff you might need after he comes home. I'm so baffled by all the Michael Jackson coverage. It's ridiculous. Anyway, keep trucking along.

gramyflys said...

Hi Lonnie...I have been reading of your saga all along and want you to know that you and Sparticus are in our prayers. You are such a trooper. I would have gone looney by now in a hospital, but I know you are just doing what you have to do to make this work. Hopefully, the time will go fast for you. Hang in there. Love, The Emigs.