Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bad Hair Day-- Again! (Day 61)

My kids were just in here visiting. And being the sweet little angels they are-- they pointed out that my hair looks really "squawky" (rhymes with hockey). As if that wasn't enough of an ego boost... Holland told me I look different-- "oh, probably because I don't see you very often". What's up with that? They see me every few days. I guess it's just another sign that we are all very OVER this experience. I got advance permission from my doctor today to go on a wheelchair ride with Saint Dee (my mom) and the three girls to the cafeteria for lunch. For those of you keeping up, today's lunch was much healthier. Oh, we were still quite the spectacle but it was fun.
Byron came up last night-- it wasn't a good night for either of us. I was having a hard time getting back into the "waiting game" zone and he's just tired of all this and all the other pressures going on in life. We are both doing better today and have our game faces back on again.
I have pretty much nothing to report on the medical front. Its all about the same as it was yesterday. Ho. Hum.
P.S. I've been getting the best emails of love and encouragement from some of you or messages on facebook-- if you are up to it, instead put them as comments on this blog-- so I will forever have a record.

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Just think of all of the good laughs you will have when you look back on this experience. It's nice that you can turn the blog into your journal. You've inspired me to start my blog up again. I think my last post was in October after the twins' birthday.

We're having playgroup at my house on friday. If you're still going strong on bedrest we will post a group comment for you to enjoy.

fixingitinpost said...

Funny how life keeps going on around you, isn't it? If only there were no other pressures to deal with when your trying to handle one of the biggest.

Tell Byron... and tell yourself... to hang in there just a little bit longer."Let go and let God. Let go and let God. Let go and let God." Love you. Kim

Elizabeth said...

Sweet Lonni... Sometimes Game Faces are what keeps us going! Whatever it takes to get to the next day!