Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I made it to 32 weeks!!! (Day 53)

First off, I have to say, your comments continually remind me what wonderful, treasured friends I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you-- they are such a boost.
Grandpa Bodily (our neighbor we love so much) called to check on me this morning. He told me the night of the big birthday campout-- it was pretty late and he could hear that the girls were still up. So he started howling like a wolf!!! This picture was taken that night-- after the girls had to run down to his house so Reese could pet the wolf. They are all holding up glow in the dark bracelets.
As for me, I'm doing better today. I am only having one or two contractions an hour-- so much, much better than yesterday. Today marks week 32 for the baby. When Byron and I rushed to the hospital nearly 8 weeks ago, I was only 24 1/2 weeks pregnant. Who would have ever thought we'd make it this far. All along this has been my big, nearly impossible (but I felt deep down, I'd make it) goal. Remember, this is about the time Dr. Lovelace says a baby under severe stress (like mine) will oftentimes develop his lungs. So I am thrilled to be here. Really. Okay, part of me is and part of me is soooo tired of this experience. But, once again, it's better to be here than visiting a baby in NICU. So I'll keep on keeping on.
Tuesdays are also "weigh in" days. And I'm happy to report the conspiracy by many of you to get some fat on me and Spartacus is working. (Thanks for the monster milkshake and fries last night-- Elly and Ron)-- I have gained again!!! This time 2 pounds. I actually am starting to look pregnant.
Dr. Lovelace says I have (if all continues to go well), another 2 to 3 weeks in here max. Whooo... (that's me exhaling a very big breath). I realized yesterday that if I make that, I will be getting out just before Holland starts 3rd grade and Greer starts 1st. How surreal. I came in here before school got out for the summer. Byron says this will be my summer that never was...
My mom is flying home for a few days (to deal with some paperwork and house stuff-- but I really think to recharge her batteries that have been sucked dry by three girls). Let's hope nothing happens while she is gone.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats on being 32 weeks. That is a huge milestone. I wonder what you will nick name this summer? Maybe the summer from "he__". Or how about "The summer of 2009". Keep doing what you are doing. It seems to be working.

Kerri said...

Wow Lonni. You need some kind of award! We missed you at the reunion. Hang in there! Lots of love from the Costleys.

Taylor Family said...

Lonni, I have to tell you... I found out today that a girl I used to work with just had a baby at 25 weeks, no hospital bedrest and totally unexpected. Her baby weighs 2 lbs and seems to be doing o.k. from what I hear, so just think how great Spartacus must be doing at 32 weeks! Congrats on keeping the bun in the oven for such a long time.

Kim said...

Woo-hooooooo! I remember you telling me that you really hoped and thought you could probably make it to this goal...how right you were! Congratulations on making it so long.