Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tall Trees

I have often said I am surrounded by giants when it comes to friends who love,
support and serve our family during
these difficult times.
I'm changing that.  I'm surrounded by
Sequoias.
I tell you, these friends of mine are amazing.
So amazing, the nurses at the hospital told my mom today
they've never seen anything like it.
Usually, they (the nurses) are telling the parents they
will watch the sick child so the mom or dad can get a break.
They can't believe how much help we get.
And they don't even know the half of it!
Elly Moomey not only got the girls off to school today but spoiled them with donuts.
I think they want to trade me in for her.
Kami Reeve bought Byron and the girls a plate of goodies, came up to visit me
and didn't say word one about my greasy bed head or how horrible I looked.
Now, that is a true friend.
And then there's Calene Borup.
She came by with Powerade and bananas, then headed up to the
hospital to help Superwoman... a.k.a. Angie Stephenson with Keanut.
Those two deserve Olympic gold medals for
"most laps around the nurses station".
 I think Kean was finally desperate enough to get out of his jail cell
that he kept his mask on.
Between Calene and Angie, I think they logged about three hours worth of laps.
No joke.
Boy Wonder still isn't feeling so wonderful but
he did finally after pretty much refusing food and drink all afternoon (and naps)
eat a good dinner.  Phew. 
One minute at a time, one minute at a time... Right?
I spent the entire day in bed and just took a Tylenol p.m.  so I should sleep solidly tonight.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it through the worst of this stomach virus.
I just feel weak and dizzy when I get up. 
But I'm on my way.


2 comments:

Joseph and Kamber said...

Sending you a virtual hug.

Darlene said...

Friends can be angels on earth. I say it's where the rubber hits the pavement when we serve others. I wish we were closer to be of some help. You ARE in our daily prayers.

Loves, Darlene