Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sigh.

I really should learn not to get my hopes up in here.
Kean seemed to be turning a corner this morning.
He didn't eat much but he seemed in better spirits.
Dr. Hansen came in and even hinted that if he kept progressing we might get
to break out of here tomorrow.  His counts are up to 350.
And Kean seemed in good enough spirits to pretend to read the paper (an article on a Leukemia breakthrough)
with Dr. Hansen.

 Unfortunately, as the day progressed he went down hill.
At lunch, he was so hungry and kept wanting food but he would just hold it in his mouth
until he had saliva pouring out of his mouth.  I don't think he swallowed anything.
He kept holding onto his head and his throat.
 At dinnertime, it was much the same, however, he did eat some mashed potatoes and a fruit slushee.
He hasn't even finished one bottle of milk or taken a single sip of water.
Not good for getting out of here.
By bedtime, he was Les Miserables.
We are almost certain the sores are down his throat.
He's back on hard core pain killers and after whimpering for an hour, is asleep.
I think I'll be joining him in whimpering my way to sleep tonight.
Poor little guy.
All was not dark today.
Byron went home to meet the girls' bus and found all these groceries on our island.
One of the nicest couples on the face of this earth, the Morley's dropped them off.
They figured rightly I don't get to the store very often.
Here I was feeling all down and discouraged and then, once again
someone near and dear surprises us with such an act of kindness, a phone call or a sweet note.
Early  on, I was promised the Lord would send angels to buoy me through this
journey.  I see them on a daily basis.

1 comments:

Marti said...

We're all here and mindful of you, Lonni. Hoping and praying for you and Byron and the girls and Kean. XOXO.