Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Feeling the Love

Wow, have we been spoiled today.
My mom came over and took care of Keanut Butter for a few hours so I could finish up my Christmas shopping.
While I was gone,  a group of my friends from Arizona had arranged for a cleaning lady
to come in and spruce up my house.
I cannot think of a nicer act of kindness for me personally.  It was such a treat-- and it
was from my group of friends from the TV station (KPNX)  I worked at a gazillion years ago.
Okay, about 16 years ago-- but that tells you what an amazing group of folks they are that after all these years.....
Then tonight, my darling friend Colleen Riggs came over to chase the boy
while the rest of our family went to Greer's orchestra concert.
 That is Greer's head in the center back of the picture.
 She did great-- no screeching from the kids.  They actually
sounded quite good.
 When we got home, some of our neighbors, the Kwid's had dropped off cookies and pumpkin bread.
Then at the door we found this crew-- Santa, Mrs. Clause and Holland's good friend, Nikki and
her family.  Remember, it was Nikki's doctor/dad who glued Reese's eyebrow shut a week and a half
ago-- and single handedly saved me from going insane.
They brought us some yummy fudge...
 And Santa and the Missus-- a.k.a. our neighbors, the Bodily's brought
a plate of treats.  As you can see, Kean saw right through their
disguises and wanted hugs.
 He also wanted to give Grandpa Bodily's/Santa's beard a good tug.
And here I thought most little kids were scared of the jolly old guy.
Not Kean.
 Our visitors kept coming...
We had two separate youth groups from our church stop by with
plates of goodies.
These young women even serenaded us with a Christmas song.
It was wonderful.
Now for all these treats, I half suspect there is a conspiracy to fatten us up for the holidays.
You should see our counter!!!
The good news is Kean, who typically favors spicy and salty,
tanked on a couple of cookies tonight.
Hopefully, he'll dazzle the nurses at weigh in on Friday
and perhaps, just perhaps, there is some yet undiscovered secret ingredient in all of these
treats that will help kick those blood counts up, up, up.

0 comments: