Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, December 7, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Thanks to Pam Brown and my mom for holding down the hospital fort today.
Kean's counts went down again-- even though he's on Neopogen to push them up.
He's down to 550 from 750.
But Dr. Chang felt even though he is highly susceptible, he'd be happier at home.
I was so excited to see him....
but he shocked me with how much he changed in the two days I was gone.
 So much of his hair has gone awol-- it is crazy.
If you kiss his head, you get  hair all over your lips.
When I gave him a bath tonight, his hair came off in gobs.
But the girls freaked at the idea of shaving it.
So we'll just deal with golden hair everywhere.
I thought Kean would be excited to have a real bath but he didn't seem to care.
I had to drain out the water in the tub because
he was so tired he wouldn't even sit up.
I've actually had a few second thoughts if we did the right thing
by bringing him home. He is so weak and looks awful.
Plus they gave me a whopping three pages worth of medications.
I really would like to get off this merry-go-round.
It's not fun anymore.
Oh wait, it was never fun.


2 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that Kean will improve and that his happy self with shine through sooner than later. Bless your hearts for all that you are going through. Kean is such a fighter. Hoping and praying for better days. Sure love you!!!!!

Sherri said...

After praying for Kean recently Charlotte asked if she could meet him. We are looking forward to him getting better so we can get on plane and come meet him. We think about you guys often and hope you have a peaceful Christmas!