Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Not Christmas Eve But Chemo Eve

I've been trying not to think about tomorrow too much.
I know it's a gamble but if his counts aren't high enough, I'm sure to be extremely disappointed.
The nurse on the phone today (who called to remind me with medicine and fasting instructions) said
if tomorrow is a no go-- we'll likely try for Monday and Tuesday --
which puts us in for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
So if you pray for anything tonight and tomorrow morning, pray for Kean's body to kick it in the
pants and get those counts up above 750.
Our crazy friends, the Borup's came by tonight with treats and a gingerbread boy with "very
little hair" for Kean.  They teach his age group in church and I'm sad he's missing
out each week on their love.
Thank heavens they make house calls.
 Another dear friend, Kim Leach and her family sent a package over today
with the most beautiful book-- Christmas Oranges, you guessed it, a bag
of oranges, a yummy chocolate orange and some other homemade out of
this world goodies.
 Did you notice the 'get well card' for Kean in the above pic.
All of their kids signed it, including their boy who is Reese's age.
My favorite part of the gift package was part of the note from
Kim in which she told me her little boy wanted to write (but didn't) in Kean's card
that "I love your sister, Reese"!
Kim wrote that he (not named to protect his reputation) is a little sweet on her.
Don't you just love that?
We loved this beautiful book that makes you thankful
for your life and circumstances-- and reminds each of us
of the power of love and kindness.
We plan on making the reading of this book a Christmas tradition
in our home.
I will let you all know how tomorrow goes.
Thank you in advance for the prayers on our behalf.
And a special thanks to my mom and Pam Brown who came over today
and helped me get everything wrapped and ready for Christmas!!!
I'm done.  As done as I can be anyway. 
We're ready to get this show on the road.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm praying for you and so grateful you have such great friends up there!