Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

Wouldn't you know it... we arrived at the hospital today with our bags packed
but nowhere to go.
Kean's counts shocked us.  He has been so happy and active, I would
have bet my first born child (joking) on the fact his counts would be up.
He was at 690 when we left the hospital last Friday and only needed to get up to 750 for today's procedure.
But wouldn't you know it, he dropped down to 550.
So we get to try this dance all over again on Friday.
Thank heavens I had my friend Colleen Riggs with me today.
She is a kick to hang with-- and Kean loves her-- except in this picture where he is hungry.
 Seems like we had to wait an eternity for his blood counts to come back.
We tried everything to entertain the fasting boy-- from every toy in the place
to watching home videos on my phone.
One bright spot came when we got to see our other favorite Cancer patient-- Kendra.
As I've said before, these two have a special connection.  And even my girls
have noticed it.  They were telling me the other day that Kean has a girlfriend (you have to sing that like they do).
When I asked who... they said in unison Kendra!
By the way, Kendra just celebrated her 1 year anniversary from her diagnosis date.
We thank her for blazing the way for us with such grace.
I'm hoping this delay from today's Chemo will turn out to be a blessing
in disguise.  It usually takes about 5 days for the Chemo to hit Kean really hard.
If we go forward on Friday, that will put us to the day after Christmas.
Perhaps, perhaps we will get our wish and be home for Christmas!

1 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow. What an amazing day ... especially the cleaning! :)

Love ya!

Stac