Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Beware the Barker Curse

Oy vey did we start the day off with a bang.
Make that a big cut... right across Reese's eyebrow.
She was running up the stairs and you guessed it, crashed full speed.
I heard a "blood" curdling scream and Reese crying that she had broken her leg.
Well, her leg was fine but by the time I carried her over to the couch, blood
was gushing out of a cut above her eye.
 Okay, I'll admit it, I started hyperventilating at the thought of spending another Sunday
in the Emergency Room or within 10 feet of a hospital!  One of Holland's best
friends, Nikki-- her father, Harold Thompson from our church is an E.R. doc.
I called him and asked if he'd look at a picture and let us know if we could bandage it
or would have to take her in.
The blessed man instead came up to our house.  He gave us the choice of taking her in
(yes, she needed stitches) or he could try and glue it shut.  I selfishly figured a little scar on
Reese's face is a small \price to pay for her mother's sanity.
As for Kean, I don't have the words to describe how hard this is.
I put him to bed last night at 8-ish.  He woke up at 10 and was up
until 4a.m. crying non stop.  We went through two and a half bottles, another
plate of food from dinner and my entire repertoire of every song I've ever learned, sang or heard.
He's been just miserable all day-- except for the hour or so Byron took him for a ride
on the ol' tractor.  The motorcycle is hibernating for the winter.
If possible, I'd move to Hawaii tomorrow for his sake.
I finally called Dr. Chang this evening to see if I could give him anything other
than codeine for the pain.  She thinks his counts have gone up on the Nupogen
and that is what is causing the severe bone pain.
We will go in tomorrow for blood work to see and hopefully, hopefully get off
those darn Nupogen shots.
Dr. Chang said since his platelet counts are high enough, I can give him some
Ibuprofen.  Done.  And he seems somewhat better.
Instead of crying non-stop he's now just whining non-stop.
Progress.  Sweet progress, right?
p.s. the great hair loss of 2012 continues...  

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Dear gussy! Well, at least her cut/little scar might be disguised by her eyebrow? I'm sure you managed to not come unglued like I did when Zack split his head open ... yikes! I hope Kean can get off the shots. Love ya & we're thinking of you.

Stace

Laurie Lesher said...

dear cousin,
Love to hear your stories-have no idea how you keep it up. You are no less than amazing and unreal. Love your cute cute family. If we were close, I would take those cute girls for a day or that handsome son of yours and give you a little break. Doug and I hope your family has a good Christmas. We love you very much-Kean is in our daily prayers. xoxoDoug and Laurie