Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Patty Cake and Other "P" Words

Of course after I blogged last night about Kean's horrible sleeping habits, he gave me one of his better nights.
Perhaps I should complain again?
Part of the problem is I am having to wake him up to give him certain medications-- one is two hours after he eats or drinks (and since he usually has a bottle right before bedtime, I am waking him up for that).  And the other comes 48 and 60 hours after his weekly Spinal Tap.  Therefore, I'm usually waking him up again.
Trust me, waking up a sleeping baby is almost as mentally painful as those shots.  It is sick and wrong!
We went over to my folks tonight for our traditional family dinner.
As you an see, Kean adores his Grammy and loves playing Patty Cake.
This will be the last get together for a while.  My mom is leaving in a few days for almost a month-- she is going
on a trip with all of her sisters and her mother to visit another sister in Moscow.  Rumour has it, my aunt and uncle's apartment is bugged by the Russians.  With my mom and all of her sisters staying with them--
all I can say is it will be highly entertaining.  The Russians have no idea what they are in for.
On the Keanut front-- boy is he happy.  He did all the stairs at my mom and dad's house.  Which is worth mentioning
in that a week or two ago, he was exhausted after tackling just a few stairs.
I'm slightly  somewhat worried that the boy is not peeing enough.  He has gone all day with one dry diaper.
And his output over the past few days, well, it's been less than stellar.
I'm pushing liquids as much as possible.  He's not drinking nearly as much as he was-- but I'm worried
something is going on.  I'm giving it over night before calling the ol' doc.
I figure I can write here about his peeing-- since way back, I spent a whole paragraph talking about his epic pooping.
Ah, I'm not so certain this is what I had in mind all those years ago when I decided to major in journalism.

0 comments: