Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Giddyup

I was dreading today.  After seeing how miserable Kean was last night and then getting up with him every few hours during the night-- I thought today would be a rough one.
But get this, my little Spartacus woke up this morning happy and smiling.
Oh, he had his moments but he was nothing like the child who was in so much pain last night he could hardly move.
In fact, he was actually crawling around quite a bit by this afternoon.
Silly me, I forgot to take my daily pic.  So you'll have to do with the following.
Meet one of my heroes:  Izzy.
She is my cousin Carrie's daughter-- the same age as Greer.
 When Izzy was 3, she was diagnosed with A.L.L.-- the same kind of Leukemia Kean has.
She went through more than any child should have to suffer through and had the same "fluffy" face,
poofy stomach and spindly legs that Kean has from the Steroids.
She lost all of her hair and look at her now-- she is healthy and beautiful and sweet, sweet, sweet.
Her family is visiting from Virginia and took the time to come visit us to share stories,
 encourage us and give us lots of hugs.
Carrie and her husband Corey hooked up with some of my other cousins and took Holland and Greer
to the rodeo tonight. 
As I write this, they're still out partying.
But how cool to have someone I love and admire who has been there, done that and survived to
have a healthy, happy family.
After yesterday, today was a good day: a day of hope.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

days like this are what kept me going... "Hope" and seeing others that have gone through these very same experiences... Thats the only way to get through each day.... the port is wonderful! So glad that is in...