Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, August 24, 2012

Bouncing Back

Kean had a bit of a rough night-- which wasn't too much fun for his folks.
I had been whisked away for a night at Idaho Shakespeare with several girlfriends.
We saw the Imaginary Invalid and loved, loved, loved it.
Thanks Mary K for a much needed night out.
So I thought we'd be shaving Keanut's hair by now.  His back is looking pretty sparse...
 But his top and front are hanging tough.
As one friend of mine put it (who went through this with her daughter)... it's like Easter grass...
you'll find their hair everywhere.
 And that's about how it is.  I thought, for some reason, I'd find clumps of his hair on his pillow...
but it seems to be just a slow shedding.  It gets thinner and thinner.
But since the kid has a ton of hair to begin with, he's not looking to nappy......... yet.
One final note -  a sweet one.
I got a card in the mail from my cousin's daughter.  Kathryn and Jeff haven't been married all that long
and already he has braved (and is braving) a repeated round of Cancer. 
She sent me the most thoughtful note and made the bracelet above.
Let me share with you what she wrote:
The heart symbolizes the love that is felt for you near and far, the angel wing is for hope.  Hope that Kean can become healthy and that one day this will all be over and done with.  And the faith (medallion) is a reminder that God is with you each moment and that you can get through the tough days.
If anyone can speak or write from experience, it is Kathryn.
They have a cute little girl and I can't imagine it has been easy having the big "C" hanging over their house, zapping Jeff's energy.  But they seem so hopeful and so positive.
There are so many heroes out there don't you agree?

0 comments: