Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pack Up Day (Day 72)

Wow, tomorrow's the big day. And I doubt I'll have time to post before Spartacus is born. I have to be packed and ready to go at about 6:30 in the morning. So today Byron and the girls will be up this afternoon to take down all of the months of artwork, colorings and notes they've made for me. My room is already looking so plain. Byron took home mountains of gifts, books, movies etc. the other night.
Dr. Lovelace came in this morning and went over the final plan for tomorrow. What I should eat (toast), what to expect and how we'll proceed. As I mentioned before, he'll induce me and we'll find out pretty soon if Spartacus can handle the labor. If not, I'll most likely be given a general anesthesia, get knocked out and he can get the baby out in about 3 minutes. That's amazing-- the 3 minute part. I'd like to avoid the C-section-- but if it happens, it happens. When I first was pregnant, started having problems and was told if things didn't clear up (Placenta Previa), I should plan on a C-section. Wouldn't you know, that night I had a horrible nightmare where I dreamt the anesthesia did not work and I could feel the cutting, pulling etc. Eeek.
Since this is my last full day in here, my friend suggested I make a list of what I won't miss. So (deep breath) here goes!
1. The hospital bed
2. My ordered lack of mobility and therefore the loss of Spring and Summer (except through my window) and the loss of every ounce of muscle
3. The same hospital menu
4. Leaking, leaking, leaking (or as I like to refer to it, practicing for incontinence when I'm elderly)
5. No privacy and my loss of all dignity
6. Ever try and get decent sleep in a hospital (need I say more?)
7. Showers on a bench
8. Dried goopy gel left on my belly from daily multiple monitoring of Spartacus' heartbeat and my contractions.
9. Cheap toilet paper
10. 10 and 1/2 weeks of consecutive bad hair days

Okay, there are a few things I've left out. But I really don't want to come across as a whiner. I've been so well taken care of in here. The nurses and doctors and even the cleaning ladies have all been amazing. I have been spoiled beyond words-- I feel as if I'll be spending the rest of my life writing thank you notes and telling all of you thank you for the countless and repeated acts of love and support for myself and my family. I have never felt so loved , so prayed for and so cherished. And I don't know where to begin to thank all of you. I just hope someday I'll be able to serve each of you (of course, I don't wish this upon you-- but maybe I can help you in some other way). Thank you again and in advance for the prayers I know you'll be saying tomorrow as Spartacus makes his way into this world. I'm in awe of all of you.
P.S. Stacy will be posting for me tomorrow.

10 comments:

JMH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marti said...

Buh bye Mother of Three Beautiful Girls! I'm waiting to say hello to the new Mother of Three Beautiful Girls and one Amazing Miracle Boy!

Here's wishing you brief labor, a strong hand to hold, and the lovely sound of your boy's first cry as he joins the rest of us here on Earth.

Prayers are with you and the family.

AprilBod said...

Thinking of you!

Nick said...

I know you won't get this, but good luck and you will definitely be in my prayers tonight!

Dawn Bushman said...

Good luck! My prayers will be with you guys!

Melissa Snyder said...

We will be thinking of you. We love you and pray that all will go well with the labor. YOu have been such a sport through it all. YOu are the bravest woman I have ever known. Spartacus will be healthy and all will be well. Just you watch him knock your socks off. We love you and good luck!

Taylor Family said...

Good luck tomorrow. I can't wait to see pics of spartacus. I will be thinking of you and praying for you until we get word.

Cindy said...

Dear Lonni and Byron,
Our prayer group in Arizona will be praying for the team of doctors and nurses helping with the delivery and care of both Lonni and Spartacus. May you and Spartacus be cradled in God's loving embrace and the beginning of this new life bear witness to continued miracles.
Much love,
Cindy and the prayer team in Arizona

Diane said...

All will go well! Keep up the faith. Will be thinking about you all day. Bonne chance.

Christine said...

I'm so excited for you! This has got to be the most anticipated birth I've ever experienced (besides my own children of course). I feel like I've been on a journey with you through your blog. You've been an incredible inpiration to me with your faith and courage. I know one day words will not be enough for this little guy when he expresses his love and gratitude for all you went through to bring him into the world. You really are amazing.
Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to see this little fighter in pictures. He's practically famous you know!