Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Final Saturday (Day 71)

Wow... the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter. And it's been a busy time in here. Last night, Byron came up for "date night". We had a yummy dinner (yup-- not hospital food) and watched a movie. My sister-in-law, Rachel hung out with us until my brother's flight got in late, late. She has been on a cooking tear-- she brought up fruit pizza, fresh apricot pie and a black bottomed (and very rich) macaroon cake. Yes, the conspiracy to get me to gain weight is alive and well.
Dr. Lovelace came in bright and early this morning. I felt bad. I told him how I had not slept since 4am... due to cramping and contractions. He, come to find out, had been up all night with 3 patients in L&D and one at another hospital. I guess he at least gets paid for his lack of sleep. I've still had contractions on and off all day. In fact, while my friend, Pam was giving me a pedicure (so I'd have "lovely toes for the stirrups on Monday"), I was having contractions about every 8 minutes. My nurse made me get back in bed and things have settled down for the most part.
Then my dad, my two brothers and my two nephews came for the afternoon. I'm finally getting to write this and it's nearly 8pm. Mary K and another friend just dropped by. So today has gone very, very fast.

1 comments:

Marti said...

One. More. Day.

HURRAY!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPARTACUS!!

Have a great Sabbath, Lonni! We're all praying for you to have an amazingly wonderful Monday!