Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The end is in site... (Day 64)

Another day. Dr. Lovelace came in this afternoon and I have nothing to report (all is the same) other than we had an interesting conversation revolving around healthcare. I had just finished watching an interview with one of the former top executives of Cigna on the Bill Moyers Journal on PBS (this is a fascinating view). Talk about eye opening. If you want an insiders view on all of the manipulation going on in Washington D.C.-- look it up.
Byron came up last night with some fresh, blackberry cobbler (berries from our garden) and tomatoes. He used his mom's recipe and I swear he is now the most popular visitor on the night shift. My cousins came by and we all talked way too late. They left, I went to sleep and I think Byron left around 2a.m. It was nice to have some quiet cuddle time.
This weekend is my mom's 50 year high school reunion. So she's off to that tonight and tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure she'll be the hottest girl there. Good thing nothing is going on here with me. One more weekend ahead of me...

2 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

I hope all is still well. Sounds like it is pretty much the same. Horray for an end in sight! We are praying for you and thinking of you and your family daily. You are such an ispiration to us all. I hope your mom had a great time at her reunion. I will have to ask her about that at church tomorrow. I am so glad you are enjoying those amazing berries from your garden. You have a great husband and kids!

Marti said...

I hope you won't abandon us completely after Spartacus is born. I know you'll be wanting to spend every spare moment with him, but I hope you'll give us some of that insight, too, Lonni.

I know it's been awful, but it's been very special to be able to share this with you, even at a distance, and see all the love and support that surrounds you. So glad it's coming to an end.

And who knows... maybe one of these days, I'll drag up to Boise. :)