Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Another day down... means another day closer to bringing Kean home. They're telling me at the hospital to shoot for the middle to end of September.
Byron came up this afternoon and we were both excited to hear that our boy is getting his "unicorn" IV removed from the top of his head sometime tonight. Phew-- can't wait to see him with his normal, cute, fuzzy head. I made the nurse promise to really work at getting all the bandages and tape off his head without removing his hair. Byron did take a picture of his face with the IV on top-- but I'm not sure I'll post it. What do you all think? Yes or no?
Also, I finally got my hair cut today. It's been since March or April-- I looked like some long-haired hippie. It felt so good to get out this morning and do something for me. A huge thank you to my dear friend and long-time hair stylist, Kimberly for fitting me in last minute with my crazy schedule. She refused to let me pay-- so anyone needing a great cut or color-- she's at Genesis Salon in Meridian.
Gary and Carmen (my friends who just moved here from San Diego) took the 3 girls to see the movie UP. They loved it and it gave my mom a break and some much needed peace. We still have church members bringing in meals a few times a week. I just don't know where to begin to thank everyone. I know my family echos my gratitude.

4 comments:

karen said...

hey I posted my baby Charlotte's gruesome open gash on her head. We can take it, babe. If you can, we can. Of course I'm totally just speaking for myself, not your other viewers. So there you go.

no posting of the haircut? We can take it, babe. Just post it.

Marti said...

I'm good either way. I did see that your beautiful son was born with a head-full of what looked like strawberry blonde hair. I'm really looking forward to seeing the picture without.

Maybe simul-post the before/after shots?

And how about a before/after of your salon visit, now that you're up and around?

Blakeley said...

Don't you just love getting your hair done? It's so quiet and relaxing. I always struggle to stay awake because I find it a little too relaxing. I'm glad you were able to have just a bit of time for yourself.

Sherri said...

I like long haired hippies! ;)