Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, August 28, 2009

Great Progress

Today was a great day at the hospital! First off, my mom and the girls came up for a while. Holland and Reese got to hold Kean for the first time. The girls sang him songs (You are My Sunshine, Lullaby and Goodnight, Sleep Tight-- our ode to Lawrence Welk) and he seemed to love it. They are going to be the best big sisters and wonderful teachers! Kean was bright eyed and alert the entire time! Maybe because all of a sudden it was very loud in his little world-- but he seemed to love it.

Greer kept saying "He's a keeper" and Reese kept introducing herself to him as "Reesey".
Now for the medical update. Kean hit the FIVE POUND mark today!!! Yup, he's growing steady and strong. Plus, he breast fed during two feedings today-- in fact, for his second feeding, he did so well-- the nurses skipped the "Gavosh" feeding (the feeding through the tube in his nose). He's doing soooo well, I'm hoping to have him home sooner rather than later. What a rock star! Even the NICU doc was impressed. Our little miracle baby continues to dazzle.

8 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

Hurray for Kean! What a great boy is. Those pictures are so sweet of your girls holding him. They are going to be the best big sisters. You are right about that. They will have so much to teach him and he to them also. What a sweet family you have. You are soooo blessed. Love ya!

Shellee said...

Hoooooooray! I'm so glad things are getting better!

Your girls are so big... and adorable.

Marti said...

Wow! Congrats to Kean for hitting 5# so darned fast! That is such stunning great news!

But it's that picture of all four of them... Lonni, that is such a heart-stopper. You and Byron have such a beautiful little troop!

Congratulations!!!

The Good Life on Less! said...

So great to hear ... and still so cute!

Chuck said...

I'm guessing Reese has gotten over him not being called Aquamarine Bella.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, Kean! What a big boy! It is so great to hear that he's learning and growing and just knocking the socks off of all of those doctors. I loved seeing those pics of your girls holding him. It reminds me of when we had Jake. We have a picture of Blakeley and Karsyn with him, and their eyes are so big! They were so excited about their little brother. Your girls will be wonderful sisters to him. You looked so great the other night. I would have loved to have talked with you longer, but those are such crazy nights. I hope your girls have a great year and love their teachers. Take care! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Lonni, your last comment from "Mary" is actually from me, Kim Leach. We were able to have Mary at our house yesterday, and it looks like something got changed while she was on the computer. I'm so terrible with computers that I'll probably have to have my kids help me figure out how to reset this. Take care!

Nick said...

Yay! So glad things are looking up for baby Kean. I continue to pray for him. Btw, do you need any baby stuff? I plan on selling it soon. Let me know.