Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Here We Go... Not! (Day 65)

Last night was another one of those doozies. I was on the phone with my friend, Jeanne when I all of a sudden felt awful-- clammy, sweaty, a pounding headache, pain ramping up on my right side and some gushing. I didn't want to alarm her, so I pushed my nurse call button and got off the phone. By the time the nurse got in here, I was in so much pain I couldn't even get up out of bed for the bathroom. I reached another new level of low (in the humiliation department) when the nurse had to help me in the bathroom. Okay, enough of that. I was on monitors for nearly 3 hours (fun) and was having some pretty regular contractions and constant pain. Of course, after a long, long night and Byron ready to come in at any minute-- I've settled down. I'm still having "some action" as far as irritation in my uterus and contractions-- but nothing compared to last night. And thankfully, the severe pain is gone.
No one knows what that was all about. Dr. Lovelace thought it was an infection coming on-- but since I'm in no pain today-- he now thinks the baby was putting some pressure on my uterine wall. For the amount of pain I was in, Spartacus must be the strongest baby in the world! Good for him.
My mom had a fabulous time at her 50th high school reunion last night. She's going to a gathering/picnic this afternoon. Greer is home sick from church-- she vomited on and off yesterday. But is fine today. I'm guessing Byron and the girls won't be up for their regular Sunday visit because of that. What a bummer.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

It seems like the weekends are when he's acting out. Is he hearing the music on 8th street? Maybe like your girls he wants to sing and dance and just have some fun already!

On a crazy side note this reminds me of the pain Bella was in with her vampire baby while she was pregnant. Maybe you shouldn't read that for a while. :)

Hope your feeling better today!

Diane said...

OMG, I hadn't even thought of the Bella baby drama. Tell spartacus boy to hold on for a few more days.

Lonni, I am glad to hear that the end or beginning or however, you want to view it, is in sight for you. The 10th is Leo's first day of school. You will hear my sigh of relief clear up in Boise. Maybe I will hear yours as well.

The Good Life on Less! said...

ok postcards & coasters! Givin' away the plot! Bella! Preggo with a vampire baby!? I've only read the first book .... how on earth does that happen!? Must keep reading! :)

Lon, I can NOT believe the roller coaster you are on! I also can't believe you've made it to almost 34 weeks! Wow! May the force be with you!

Love ya!

Stace

Cindy said...

Lonni,
You are the queen of words! So spartacus will not truly appreciate all you, Bryon and girls have gone through, until 30ish...Oh, I so hope it's sooner than that, but just in case he decides he is the king when he hits puberty, we "Auntie's" will remind him of his courageous Mom and Dad.
One more Thursday massage?!?
Your son will be perfect. God is protecting all of you.
Love you,
Cindy

The Good Life on Less! said...

ps-of course through all of this there's always got to be someone vomiting! :) Isn't that the way it always is!